GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dendrobium Burana Stripe #1 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/50408-dendrobium-burana-stripe-1-a.html)

Guogang 16-01-2004 10:13 PM

Dendrobium Burana Stripe #1

Hi,

Can someone tell me where can I find some information about this
plant? And, what exactly "Stripe #1" means?

I am new to orchid(got this one last summer), trying to find some
information about culture and care of it. Searching on the web turns
out only a picture which looks exactly the same as my plant.

Thanks!
Guogang

Ray 17-01-2004 01:32 PM

Dendrobium Burana Stripe #1

Actually the dendrobium hybrid's name is Burana Stripe, with the cultivar
name being (in single quotes) '#1' .

I'm certainly no den expert, but I think it's a cane-type with some Den.
phalaenopsis in the background, suggesting bright, warm conditions with a
well-draining medium.

The #1 simply is a way of distinguishing that Burana Stripe from other
Burana Stripes, probably because it was a particularly nice plant that was
likely cloned.

om...