GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Please help me to identify this orchid (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/51276-please-help-me-identify-orchid.html)

Roy 30-01-2004 11:42 AM

Please help me to identify this orchid

I have just bought an orchid that looks like an Epicattleya hybrid
with no lable attached.
I have put the picture at http://www.ptgdi.com/orchid.jpg.
Can somebody please help me to identify this orchid.

Thanks,
Roy

Reka 30-01-2004 01:32 PM

Please help me to identify this orchid

What ever it is, it's very nice. Good luck on finding a name.

--
Reka

I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

"Roy" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
om...
I have just bought an orchid that looks like an Epicattleya hybrid
with no lable attached.
I have put the picture at http://www.ptgdi.com/orchid.jpg.
Can somebody please help me to identify this orchid.

Thanks,
Roy

---

Susan Erickson 30-01-2004 06:17 PM

Please help me to identify this orchid

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:25:15 +0100, "Reka"
wrote:

What ever it is, it's very nice. Good luck on finding a name.

That is exactly what I was going to say. I think it could be and
Epc or and Lc. Do you have any chance of getting more
information from the seller?
SuE

profpam 30-01-2004 08:43 PM

Please help me to identify this orchid

Hi, Roy,

It looks more like an alba Laelia to me; however, sometimes it is really
difficult to identify from a picture as size is often distorted.

.. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html

Roy 04-02-2004 02:32 AM

wrote:

What ever it is, it's very nice. Good luck on finding a name.

That is exactly what I was going to say. I think it could be and
Epc or and Lc. Do you have any chance of getting more
information from the seller?
SuE

Susan, unfortunately the only information I can get from the seller is
the plant is a mini Cattleya.

Roy 04-02-2004 02:43 AM

Please help me to identify this orchid

Hi Pam, the diameter of the flower is 3.5 inch, the sepal and petal
looks like Brassovola and Brassocattleya. The plant is mono-foliate.

Thanks,
Roy