Old 31-01-2004, 08:54 PM
Dustin

Default Safe to mount Phal. species in spike?

Hello, I have several phal species that have spikes without developed
buds on them. I want to get them mounted so that I can get them on the
same watering schedule as the rest of my mounted phals.
I know that some phals never loose their old spikes, they just keep
growing new ones. Is it safe to mount them when they have an old, but
healthy spike? I don't want to disturb the plant too much, I just dont
like phals potted in spag because I water too often.

The species that I am looking to mount are inscriptiosinensis,
bornensis, pallens and zebrina.

Thanks
Dustin

to let spike or not to let spike? J Fortuna Orchids 15 05-12-2005 03:38 AM
Rare Mount Diablo Buckwheat Rediscovered Inyo Plant Science 0 27-05-2005 03:24 AM
spike spike spike J Fortuna Orchids 2 04-09-2004 06:43 PM
Ants and aphids mount joint attack on my fennel plant Tim Tyler United Kingdom 1 26-08-2004 02:30 PM
Garden Hose wall mount Buddman United Kingdom 3 04-08-2003 01:03 PM