Old 03-02-2004, 06:19 PM
Princess Spendalotta

Default alcohol swabs for scale?

How often is it safe to repeat swabbing with alcohol for scale? I hate to
spray chemicals in the house in the winter . . . and at this time of year,
the basement, garage, etc. all all far too cold to leave an orchid in.

Old 03-02-2004, 10:33 PM
Kenni Judd

I suspect you'd get tired before you endangered the plant G.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
"Princess Spendalotta" wrote in
message news:j8QTb.170099$5V2.856525@attbi_s53...

Old 03-02-2004, 10:34 PM
Reka

Speaking of which, has anyone tried it with gin or vodka? It would make a
boring job so much more interesting...
--
Reka

I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

"Kenni Judd" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I suspect you'd get tired before you endangered the plant G.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
"Princess Spendalotta" wrote in
message news:j8QTb.170099$5V2.856525@attbi_s53...
How often is it safe to repeat swabbing with alcohol for scale? I hate

spray chemicals in the house in the winter . . . and at this time of

year,
the basement, garage, etc. all all far too cold to leave an orchid in.

---

Old 03-02-2004, 10:39 PM
Ray

Actually, I prefer scots whiskey or bourbon. Either that or a good
chardonnay.

Then with the spray bottle of isopropanol in the OTHER hand...

Old 03-02-2004, 11:14 PM
Bob Walsh

Princess,

Don't forget to add a few drops of dish detergent to the alcohol. It
dissolves the waxy coating the scale uses to protect itself.

Bob