GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help - Possible orchid (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/51825-help-possible-orchid.html)

Jacinta 06-02-2004 07:19 AM

Help - Possible orchid

dear fellow gardners,

I was recently incredibly lucky and was given about 20 plants. most of
which i have identified, at least to the type of plant. One of the
plants has a tag with handwritten 'Hiroshima Tower "Red Pearl"' on it.
To my completey untrained eye, i think it is an orchid, Has anyone
heard of an orchid by either of these names (google search shows
nothing!!!!) or any other types of plants that look like orchids. I
want to put this in my garden, and was thinking of a wellshaded spot
underneath a wisteria covered pergola mixed in with a bunch of
bromeiliads. is this good spot for orchids. please help i am an orchid
virgin.......

Help

regards
Jacinta