Old 10-02-2004, 05:07 PM
TS

Default Lighted Orchidarium!

We have been looking for something for the corner of our living room for
a while. The other day at Sam's Club, we spotted a terrarium that would
be perfect. We bought it and assembled it. It has glass sides and doors,
and is very nice looking. Since I wanted to actually grow orchids in the
unit, I decided I needed to light it somehow. I found one of those
compact florescent "Lights Of America" lights that I no longer use since
I bought a MH for the basement grow area. I then cut a square hole in
the top or the unit and mounted the light using 4 screws. The light is
brown- same color as the unit, so it looks like it was made to be that
way!
So, the light is in, some orchids are in and doing great. They seem to
love the light- and it appears to be a perfect fit. I doesnt get hot at
all since it is mounted outside of the unit- as opposed to mounted
inside- under the top.

So, the terrarium costs $129, the light was around $20, and $5 for
timer.

Here are some pics- click on "Latest Uploads" or the "Flowers" album to
see the new orchidarium, and some pictures of my window display and
assorted flowers.

http://eyewitnessnewstv.com/Global/link.asp?L=102399
Old 10-02-2004, 05:09 PM
Wendy

Very nice TS, looks great. A neat way to contain & display your orchids.
--
Cheers Wendy
Remove PETERPAN for email reply

:

Lighted Orchidarium! TS Orchids 8 10-02-2004 08:10 PM
Lighted Orchidarium! TS Orchids 2 10-02-2004 05:15 PM
Lighted Orchidarium! TS Orchids 3 10-02-2004 05:12 PM
Lighted Orchidarium! TS Orchids 2 10-02-2004 05:03 PM
Wardian case (formerly orchidarium) article has moved... Prem Subrahmanyam Orchids 13 28-02-2003 06:53 PM