Old 14-02-2004, 04:32 AM
Claude

Default Lighting again!

Hello everyone!

I finally made my choice about the lighting fixture! I have bought the
ShopLite 48 inches fixture for 2 fluorescent tube( they `re in plastic ) and
cost only 15.00 ( we talking Canadian dollar here ! ) :-)

Ok, now, I`m not sure about the fluorescent tube! Which are the best:

they sell :

The DayLight 40 W 48 inch tube 1.96
The CoolWhite 40W 48 inch tube 2.95
The GrowLux 40 W 48 inch tube 6.95

I`m a bit confuse! Which one to get? Should I mix them? The GrowLux is made
for plant but I know some people growing only with DayLight! Can you help
me?

Thanks

Claude surviving the Conan O`Brian Quebec bashing comments!

Old 14-02-2004, 07:04 AM
tbell

Claude, I've spent the extra for Gro-Lights, but been just as successful
with one cool white and one warm white tube in a two-tube fixture.
Tom
Walnut Creek, CA, USA
(To reply by e-mail, remove APPENDIX)

Old 14-02-2004, 12:04 PM
Tom Randy

"Claude" wrote in
s.com:

Hello everyone!

I finally made my choice about the lighting fixture! I have bought the
ShopLite 48 inches fixture for 2 fluorescent tube( they `re in plastic )
and cost only 15.00 ( we talking Canadian dollar here ! ) :-)

Ok, now, I`m not sure about the fluorescent tube! Which are the best:

they sell :

The DayLight 40 W 48 inch tube 1.96
The CoolWhite 40W 48 inch tube 2.95
The GrowLux 40 W 48 inch tube 6.95

I`m a bit confuse! Which one to get? Should I mix them? The GrowLux is
made for plant but I know some people growing only with DayLight! Can
you help me?

Thanks

Get the cool white and a warm. So called "grow lights" are nonsense.
Regular flourescents are all you need. Just change them out once a year as
their light fades at the ends over time.
Old 14-02-2004, 11:34 PM
Susan Erickson

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:38:01 GMT, Tom Randy
wrote:

Get the cool white and a warm. So called "grow lights" are nonsense.
Regular flourescents are all you need. Just change them out once a year as
their light fades at the ends over time.

I agree . Around here one is called Daylight and the other
Kitchen and Bath. I have forgotten which is which. Just in case
you can not find warm and cool.

Have fun with your new lights. Don't forget to tell us how things
are doing.

SuE
Old 20-02-2004, 01:00 PM
Happy'Cam'per

I agree, alot of marketing hype surrounding 'glow lights'. Do yourself a
favour, if you want to save some cash then call up your nearest Light supply
shop and ask them for flourescent t8 or t12 bulbs along with their ballasts.
Get some reflectors aswell, this will optimise your light output and focus
it to where it needs to go. HTH
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**

. 74...

Old 29-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Registered User

I agree, alot of business advertising surrounding 'glow lights'. Do yourself a favour, if you wish to save some banknote again alarm up your abutting Ablaze supply shop and ask them for flourescent t8 or t12 bulbs forth with their ballasts. Get some reflectors aswell, this will optimise your ablaze achievement and focus it to area it needs to go.
Pond Supplies

Lighting... again.... Unknown Orchids 3 11-10-2006 12:40 PM
Little Black Ants, Again & Again Derek Mark Edding North Carolina 13 22-09-2006 06:05 PM
Steveo Spanked Again - Was: rat does the tard dance...again Aratzio Lawns 35 10-07-2004 01:02 AM
Lighting Question -length and interrupted lighting JHudson Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 13-12-2003 06:32 AM