Old 20-02-2004, 01:04 AM
G8RRPH

Default Changing media

I bought a phaelenopsis from work recently. Two plants were in one
poy, only one in bloom, the other a spike. I want to separate the
plants,, and to be consistent with my other plants, pot them in
sphagnum moss. As of now they are in what apears to be soil. Any
advice on the right way to change media would be helpful. Oh, BTW I
found a small gouping of orchids in my back yard. Very tiny plant,
about 3 inches high, small (1 cm) white flowers, found in the yard. I
live in central Florida (Deland). Any ideas what it might be???

Thanks in advance
Old 21-02-2004, 12:02 AM
Diana Kulaga

As far as the Phals are concerned, I'd wait until they are finished
flowering before repotting, unless you have seriously depleted media. What
looks like dirt might be media based on "Pro-Mix", with some peat and
various other things added. As long as it hasn't deteriorated, just let
them go. Are you sure there are two plants in there?

Regarding the flower in the yard, can you get a photo? If so, post to
alt.binaries.pictures.orchids, or to some site that can be accessed. I'm in
FL as well, but there's no way to know what you have there from the
description.

Diana

leaves changing colour Raels Australia 2 02-02-2004 11:02 AM
Changing Substrate of an established fully planted Tank? Aqua Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 20-04-2003 06:20 AM
Changing Careers` DeAnna Douglass Plant Biology 0 05-04-2003 03:32 PM
Changing Careers` DeAnna Douglass Plant Biology 0 17-03-2003 02:44 AM
Changing gravel "on the fly" John Worfin Freshwater Aquaria Plants 26 24-02-2003 02:37 PM