Old 21-02-2004, 01:26 AM
The Enigma

Default Semi-Hydro for what orchids

I'm thinking after my plants finish blossoming out I'll go semi-hydro. I
have 3 den. 2 onc. 2 phal. 1 miltonia all in 4 in pots. Are all of these ok
for S/H? What size pots should I buy? Should they only be plastic? And
what amount of clay pellets should I buy to pot them in, and at what grade?
Also where should I buy (I prefer online if the price is right).

Thanks
Chris

Old 21-02-2004, 01:28 AM
wendy7

Hi Chris, You have come to the right place,
see www.firstrays.com
Ray is in our group & his website covers all about Semi Hydro.
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply
. com...

Old 21-02-2004, 02:19 AM
Ray

Chris,

I don't grow dens, so cannot make a recommendation either way on them, but
all of the others will do fine in S/H culture.

If the plants need repotting, move them into whatever size is appropriate
for the plant. The change in culture method does not change that.

Use the coarse grade of medium.

If you buy the pots from me, "The Store" tells you the capacity of each
size.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
. com...

Old 21-02-2004, 02:29 AM
Ray

Chris,

I don't grow dens, so cannot make a recommendation either way on them, but
all of the others will do fine in S/H culture.

If the plants need repotting, move them into whatever size is appropriate
for the plant. The change in culture method does not change that.

Use the coarse grade of medium.

If you buy the pots from me, "The Store" tells you the capacity of each
size.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"The Enigma" wrote in message
. com...
I'm thinking after my plants finish blossoming out I'll go semi-hydro. I
have 3 den. 2 onc. 2 phal. 1 miltonia all in 4 in pots. Are all of these

ok
for S/H? What size pots should I buy? Should they only be plastic? And
what amount of clay pellets should I buy to pot them in, and at what

grade?
Also where should I buy (I prefer online if the price is right).

Thanks
Chris

Semi-Hydro for what orchids The Enigma Orchids 1 21-02-2004 01:10 AM
semi-hydro pots bb Orchids 5 06-01-2004 11:33 PM
Semi-Hydro versus Water Culture? J Fortuna Orchids 6 06-01-2004 01:34 PM
Semi-Hydro versus Water Culture? J Fortuna Orchids 0 06-01-2004 05:34 AM
No Spikes???-Thanks, but one more semi-hydro question Charles Peters Orchids 4 18-11-2003 10:42 AM