Old 21-02-2004, 01:28 AM
The Enigma

Default Status of my orchid, and what is this black stuff?

I posted a post in alt.binaries.pictures.orchids about some of my orchids
(with pics included). I want to know what's wrong with them and what I
should do the make it right.

I also just got one it's a Miltonia and would like to know what to do to
make the pseudobulb plumper because it's shriveled at the moment, and any
suggestion on how to take care if that? Also, should I get a humidifier? I
have the dry well thing under my plants right now.

Lastly, I have a Vanda in a orchid box and it is hanging over a vent (not on
purpose, just noticed it) and is in some southern windows. I spray the roots
everyday and maybe once a week fertilize it ( but I don't wet the roots
first before I fertilize it, is that ok?). Right now it doesn't have a
humidly source and since it's hanging I don't know what to do. I moved it
outside of my bathroom into the kitchen/ breakfast nook for more sunlight,
but I wonder if it does better in the bathroom because in the kitchen it is
on the bottom level of the house which means less direct sun or less sun in
general compared to 2nd level but there is an exposure of four consecutive
windows facing south. This is compared to the bathroom which is on the 2nd
level facing south, and get humidity from shower.

(don't forget to check the pictures at the other forum,
alt.binaries.pictures.orchids)

Thanks,

Chris