Old 22-02-2004, 07:14 PM
Ray

Default Cutting Phal roots

Sometimes I do cut them, if in a situation as described.

I then dip the cut end (nothing else) in cinnamon to dry it out and prevent
fungal infections, then repot. The roots usually branch quite nicely.

.. . . . . . . . . . .

Old 23-02-2004, 12:08 AM
Tanya

i have to play it by ear since i don't know how the "internal" roots are...

i have another question which just arose:
my mom's phalaenopsis (no label -- white flowers) has grown 2 keikis (one on
each spike) both have 3 leaves and each has 2 HUGE roots.
these should not be cut off? and what to soak them in to make them fit into the
smallest pot possible?
sincerely
Tanya

Ray wrote:

Sometimes I do cut them, if in a situation as described.

I then dip the cut end (nothing else) in cinnamon to dry it out and prevent
fungal infections, then repot. The roots usually branch quite nicely.