Old 04-03-2004, 10:42 AM
Diana Kulaga

Default At Last!!!

I have a dry rest zone in the lanai; the plants there are not completely
shielded from the elements, but south FL doesn't get much precipitation
during the winter months, so whatever nature provided was okay with me. No
fertilizer at all, of course.

Everything in that area has spiked, and a few Nobiles are already blooming.
But not Den. aggregatum. I checked it every day, and nothing. I decided
that March 1st would be the end of the dry period. Then, the other day, we
had heavy, heavy rain, so the dry period was effectively over anyway.

Today, Voila! Little nodes on the aggregatum! I'm so happy I could jump up
and down (maybe I will).......Had to share with other orchid fanatics who
will understand the euphoria!

Diana

Old 04-03-2004, 11:15 AM
Susan Erickson

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:08:37 -0500, Rob Halgren
wrote:

I understand the euphoria... I just don't understand the lanai. Can't
even conceive of such a thing. *grin*

Snow is melting, and we have mid 40's predicted for our orchid show this
weekend. If you are in Michigan, come on out to MSU and see the show!

Rob

\

Hey - That is summer for your orchid show. I thought you guys
only did shows if the weather was below freezing. G

SuE