GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Wildcat with soft yellow pseudobulbs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/54951-wildcat-soft-yellow-pseudobulbs.html)

Cliff Eng 09-03-2004 04:32 AM

Wildcat with soft yellow pseudobulbs

at the base. I think it is from the cold weather at night. It got down to
low 40's here in central FL for several days. Will this get better on its
own or is treatment required? If so, what treatment?

thanks.

Eric Hunt 09-03-2004 07:37 AM

Wildcat with soft yellow pseudobulbs

Cliff,

If you have a soft/mushy pseudobulb, excise it immediately from the plant
and treat the open wound(s) with powdered cinnamon. If left untreated, it
could kill the entire plant.

Make sure you use gloves when doing this operation - the soft mushy
pseudobulb is a huge vat of icky bacteria that you could spread to other
plants.

Cold weather + wet conditions == rot in many orchids

Good luck!

-Eric in SF