Old 16-03-2004, 12:39 AM
Frank

Default disaster!!! my poor cymbidium!

Hello,

I purchased a beautiful cymbidium about a month ago in HD. It came
with two long stalks of buds/flowers and the third one was growing
fast and showed 10 buds. There are 4 bamboo shoot like structures
around the bottom and I hope they can turn into flower stalks
eventurally. The buds opened one by one and the shoots growed taller.
Life was great until I left for a biz trip last week. I left on
Saturday March 6th. On Friday I watered and feeded the plant. I also
adjusted the room temperature to around 60C because I read that low
temp. will help with bud formation. But when I returned on Mar12, it
is really a disaster scene! All the flowers and buds are almost dead,
they are either wilt or fell off!!! The flowers are all gone, the 10
buds on the growing stalk are dropping and turn black. Many black leaf
tips and I have to cut those tips. Cannot see much difference on
bamboo shoots but I guess they suffered as well.

I'm wondering what went wrong? Is it too cold? Is it staying in dark
for too long? Six days darkness can be that bad? It is really liveless
now. I watered and feeded again. Really hope it can be better.

Is there anything I can do to help it? So upset to see a beautiful
plant turn bad.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Tiff