Old 20-03-2004, 11:15 PM
Larry Dighera

Default Apology to RGO newsgroup

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 12:55:51 -0500, "Al" wrote in
it looks to me that Mick, far from disliking
pictures, actually lies in wait for them. He calls it dirty work, I think,
but if it makes him money, ah well.... I guess a chain saw at the table is
here to stay.

Thanks for the laugh, Al. Here are a few mo

http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame67.html
It was a peaceful and productive forum; lively, congenial and a
bounteous source of useful information. Then one day, completely
without warning, Godzilla arose from the depths and blew his
scalding breath on everything in his path. A phalanx of Warriors
mobilized to attack the monster, only to be crushed like so many
toy tanks under Godzilla's mighty feet. Godzilla soon reduced the
forum to searing and consuming flames. Just as abruptly, he
rumbled back beneath the waves, leaving all to tremble in fear of
his return. Net life would never be the same. Sadly, many netizens
who survive a Godzilla attack will become Xenophobes

http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame48.html
Xenophobe is usually a long-term discussion forum participant and
he thinks of the forum as his private compound. Xenophobe regards
newbies to his forum as mentally deficient and perhaps even having
criminal tendencies, and they are invariably approached with
suspicion and condescension. If a Newbie has the temerity to make
critical observations about the forum's social dynamics, or
questions prevailing opinion, Xenophobe will attempt to silence or
drive out the newcomer.

http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame32.html
As a forum participant Jekyll and Hyde always plays by the rules
and is consistently cordial and helpful - a model netizen, until
one day he comes completely uncorked and lashes out without
warning.His unanticipated thunderbolts can temporarily rout even
the sturdiest Warriors, and it often takes some time for his
stunned opponents to mount a counter attack. Jekyll and Hyde's
sudden behavioral change may result from a psychotic episode, PMS,
a downturn in the market, a surprise visit by the in-laws - or a
session of hard drinking...

Old 20-03-2004, 11:15 PM
Mick Fournier

Al,

Ah... the old gang is coming back in force having a reunion weighing in on
this ever intensifying inconsequential bullshit thread. In time "they" will
all be back in the sweet loving arms of controversy and proper table
manners.

Yes, I do love to chew the heads off photo uploaders (esp the ones with
kindergarten orchid photos)... they are such primitive barbarians. And, I
do love to run the chainsaw over those pansy bleeding hearts (usually wimpy
tree-hugging Americans) that come to these barbarians' rescue... it warms my
heart so, and it certainly does pump up the cash register on orchid flask
sales for me also. Can you feel the RGO "juice" intensifying in Virginia
also? Is it possible your hitcounter awoke you from a slumber setting off a
bell prompting you to see what is going on at RGO? Hmmm, now I wonder.

Bella Lagosi (Dracula) once said there is no such thing as "bad"
publicity... it is all good publicity.

Al, I need more bleeding hearts to take a pot shot at my company... as
opposed to me directly as it should have been in the first place with Troy
if he were really a true confrontational man. You all know how much I hate
to broadcast (self-promote) my URL on RGO... so I need more flamers to list
it and tell other RGOers (especially newbies) where they can buy rare
species in flasks. What can I do to get more wimpy crybaby bleeding hearts
to say they are boycotting my website?... and name my site for me
specifically in their posts?

Mick

Old 20-03-2004, 11:15 PM
Steve

Al wrote:

........ Did any adelphia users see this picture?....

I never get pictures on RGO. Even before Adelphia linked up with
Giganews, pictures didn't appear on RGO but there was a time in the
past when they often did.
I did get the original pictures on ABPO. For unknown reasons, this
entire thread is now missing from ABPO if read from Adelphia's #1
server. It remains on their #3 server. Mick's original bomb was only
dropped on RGO and I do still see it here on RGO via Adelphia#1.
Perhaps Mick's original reply burned out some connections here and
there. ;-)

Steve

Old 20-03-2004, 11:15 PM
Al

Isn't that sweet of you to ask? I'm not that particular and I am wearing my
favorite bib, (the one with the big red orchid on it as you can see), so
pass whichever portion has the most little white marshmallows in it and I'll
be happy.

"molli" wrote in message
Were you wanting us to pass the fruit salad, or the blood and bar/chain

oil
Al?

Hugs,
Molli

Well, isn't it a lovely day? Could someone please scoop the blood and
bar/chain oil from the top of the fruit salad and pass it this way.

Thank
you.

Old 20-03-2004, 11:15 PM
J Fortuna

Larry,
Yes, I know. :-)

And I must admit that as far as the quality offense is concerned I have
ignored it on purpose, knowing full well that my photos were low quality,
but if I waited until I had high quality photos I could not post orchid
photos at all, since I am almost a hopelessly bad photographer who only on
rare occasions gets a good photo by accident. However, I wanted to share my
excitement and since I knew that my hand won't get chopped off for posting a
bad quality photo on abpo, I did it anyway. Now if I had posted the same
photos on rgo, I would have gotten my hand chopped of by Mick, and I would
have gotten over it, but I probably would have posted bad quality photos
here again.

As for photo size not being a mandate in the abpo charter, maybe it should
be.

I actually think that a much more serious offense is whenever we reply to
pictures on abpo with meaningful and worthwhile textual content that could
be of benefit to others. And I don't know whether that is an offense against
the charter, but if it is not it really should be. Since abpo is not
archived and many people have access only to rgo, these messages that really
should be in rgo have a limited audience if they are not forwarded to rgo. I
wish we were as good or better about policing the
no-informative-text-only-posts-in-abpo rule as we are about policing the
no-pictures-in-rgo rule. But to my knowledge noone has been flamed yet for
posting really worthwhile text content to abpo, or have they?

Joanna

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 18:47:18 GMT, "J Fortuna"
wrote in Message-Id:
:

I have at times posted pictures of bad quality

That offence it truly unforgivable and despicable. :-)

and forgetting to size them down,

There is no mandate in the alt.binaries.pictures.orchids charter
concerning photograph size.

Old 20-03-2004, 11:15 PM
Larry Dighera

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 20:26:24 GMT, "J Fortuna"
wrote in Message-Id:
:

I actually think that a much more serious offense is whenever we reply to
pictures on abpo with meaningful and worthwhile textual content that could
be of benefit to others. And I don't know whether that is an offense against
the charter, but if it is not it really should be. Since abpo is not
archived and many people have access only to rgo, these messages that really
should be in rgo have a limited audience if they are not forwarded to rgo.

It is a shame that the textural _information_ (as opposed to
meaningless chit chat) posted in a.b.p.o is lost to posterity.
However, binary newsgroups are specifically intended for binary files
not text. Perhaps it should be suggested that _informational_ text
message posted in a.b.p.o be cross posted to r.g.o. Would that would
help?

Old 20-03-2004, 11:15 PM
Al

PS. Dear, you might want to set aside some of it for yourself...and get a
bib on too. I do believe there's going to be a food fight.

Old 20-03-2004, 11:15 PM
tbell

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 9:55:51 -0800, Al wrote
(in message ):

turn draw their newsfeeds from giganews. I think giganews blocks picture
files in non-binary hierarchies but I don't understand where Mick's initial
response to it went. So, the first I have seen of this little spat is this
apology. I suspect there are a large number of people who never even saw
your picture or Mick's initial response to it. But I may be wrong. I often
am. Did any adelphia users see this picture?

Hi, Al -
I subscribe to Giganews directly, and received both the picture and ensuing
diatribe. I've always thought it was a case of Mick Jekyll and Mick Hyde,
since Mick is certainly capable of being pleasantly informative.
Tom
Walnut Creek, CA

Old 20-03-2004, 11:15 PM
tbell

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 12:26:24 -0800, J Fortuna wrote
(in message ):

But to my knowledge noone has been flamed yet for
posting really worthwhile text content to abpo, or have they?

Joanna

I've never seen that, Joanna, but I wonder whether such a prohibition would
be wise, since the information in such posts is usually directly applicable
to a posted photo, and would be out of context to someone only reading RGO.
Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
To reply by e-mail, please remove APPENDIX

Old 20-03-2004, 11:15 PM
Mick Fournier

Henceforth, I should like to be referred to as "Mick the Informative"... as
least until another nitwit uploads a photograph.

Mick

Old 20-03-2004, 11:15 PM
Mick Fournier

Joanna,

Methinks the taste of your little fragrant hand might be sweet... and very
nutritious for the beast.

Mick

a public apology zhanataya Gardening 1 11-02-2012 01:20 AM
Apology if Mad Bill Pal m er has been annoying members of rec.gardens? Twinkles Gardening 0 26-10-2003 04:42 PM
Apology Accepted ... for what? dkat Ponds 21 28-08-2003 08:02 PM
Apology Accepted Anne Lurie Ponds 1 23-08-2003 03:13 AM
SNL Spartan Cheerleaders/ apology Nedra Ponds 0 27-07-2003 09:03 PM