Old 19-03-2004, 04:42 PM
Mick Fournier

Default Apology to RGO newsgroup

Troy,

Then **** off you rude jerk and keep your amateur photographs off RGO. I am
sick of seeing jerks like you fly into this newsgroup on a whim dumping
stupid crap all over this forum and then sheepishly blaming it on their
wayward "computer".

Incidentally I refuse to sell to people that shit all over this newsgroup...
so you wouldn't have gotten any flasks anyways you moron.

Mick

===========================

"Troy House" wrote in message
Wow, Mick

The upload to RGO was certainly an error, and I do sincerely apologize to
all. (My news reader added the address automatically and I was unaware it
was sent to RGO until I was so informed.)

I was also going to order from your company, OrchidFlask.com, but having

now
experienced your attitude, I can only imagine how you treat your customers
and their questions.

I can't believe that a few orchid photos could cause one so much rage.

--
Troy House

Old 19-03-2004, 06:36 PM
dd

Many people are new to the Internet and newsgroups, and what you take
for granted might very well come as a flood of new information to them.
In this case, the poster made a mistake and apologized for it. Instead
of letting it pass, you had to spew low-brow invective at him. You harp
on the poster's "net etiquette" but evidently your mother failed to
teach you social etiquette.

The poster does have a good point: Your conduct here does reflect on
your business sensibilities. For the record, I wouldn't buy anything
from you either.

Old 19-03-2004, 08:03 PM
Mick Fournier

dd,

Good. I always get that kind of chicken shit boycotting threat from little
rock-throwing people like you that never have bought from me before... or
most likely have never bought a flask in their life anyways. I would be
rich if I had a nickel for every cheap skate like you that has issued such a
threat/admonition on RGO over the last 6 or 7 years.

Besides, I have a three flask minimum order. You could not afford it.

Meanwhile... keep your pictures off RGO also.

Mick

Old 19-03-2004, 09:04 PM
Rob Halgren

Mick Fournier wrote:

dd,

Good. I always get that kind of chicken shit boycotting threat from little
rock-throwing people like you that never have bought from me before... or
most likely have never bought a flask in their life anyways. I would be
rich if I had a nickel for every cheap skate like you that has issued such a
threat/admonition on RGO over the last 6 or 7 years.

Besides, I have a three flask minimum order. You could not afford it.

Meanwhile... keep your pictures off RGO also.

Mick

I buy scores of flasks, but I haven't purchased any from you,
largely because of posts such as that quoted above. I respect your
right to do it, and I frequently agree with your comments, but I can't
justify doing business with you. That isn't a boycott, but you
probably could have had several of my nickels had you been just a little
more restrained.

Not a flame, just a thought. I suspect there are several others
out there with big flask budgets who feel the same. And many who don't
care. I sincerely wish you well with the latter group. Life is too
short to get upset about newbies, in my opinion.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
Old 20-03-2004, 05:32 AM
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 18:22:41 GMT, dd
wrote in Message-Id: :

Many people are new to the Internet and newsgroups,

In the "old days" (early '80s) the news reader client program would
force the user to read the periodic postings in the news.newusers
newsgroup. That initial behavior of the newsreader insured that each
new usenet participant had an opportunity to research accepted
practices before plunging in without a clue.

Old 20-03-2004, 05:35 AM
Mick Fournier

Rob,

If I had to depend on selling flasks for an income I might curb my disgust
for inconsiderate people like Troy... but I could give a rat's ass if I ever
sell another flask. This flasking business is only for my pleasure and the
pleasure of few real orchid purists who desire hard to find species.
Actually in fact, I do so much business in Europe, China, Vietnam and Russia
now that if another American (like your good self) never bought from me
again, it wouldn't even faze me. My new clients don't issue such
boycotts/threats to me... in fact, I would guess many of them applaud my
approach to stopping these photo uploaders clogging up our RGO and their
slow moving internet connections. And for the record, my other "real life"
business dwarfs my online orchid flask sales many, many times over... so you
see where my head is at on this trivial boycotting matter.

Personally, I have nothing but disgust for little **** ant flame-*******
like dd who can't even summon up the guts to tell his (or her) real name and
hides behind two initials criticizing my opinions/admonitions to other
people coming out of lurkdom to crap on this newsgroup. At least Troy had
the balls to use a real name... that's a plus for him.

Plus years ago a good friend orchid grower (who frequents RGO) pointed out
to me that during my flame wars and "strong" word wars to the ignorant
abusing this newsgroup that the RGOer's juices start to really flow hard
manifesting itself in increased hits on his website and increased sales. He
had also been monitoring hits on my website simultaneously to his website...
he pointed out to me that in times like this (ie this thread) even my
website hits had tripled. In going back over my sales records I saw that in
the hottest old flame wars the RGO "juices" were indeed coming alive... my
sales double during such times as they are doing right now.

Rob, when admonitions to these photo uploaders turn into mini-flame wars and
these puppets like Troy and dd become MY bitches to manipulate as I see
fit... sales rise for me. It is a true fact of life (and business) which I
discovered many years ago, so don't waste your breath telling me how you are
going to withhold $300 in sales from me... I made that amount yesterday
morning before lunch.

So if any more of you want to tell me how you are a big flask buyer and you
want to boycott me then fire away... I am your target.

I love the publicity! Fire away!

Mick

PS: Rob, it is time to drop rule #3. Americans have ruined the credit of
this country in the face of the international businesses community by taking
such a cavalier, short-sighted, moronic approach to simply getting more
credit to buy stupid shit... like orchids they can't afford. America is
going to pay dearly after November 2004 for this form of
living-beyond-our-means and tossing our heavy debts on the backs of other
countries through the wicked machinations of the IMF. America is going to
pay dearly in 2005 for our uncontrolled spending... you should do your part
now and encourage the impressionable not to be so stupid with their personal
finances by dropping your rule #3. Plus, you have beat that worn out song
to death. Retire it and do your part to help the world... esp, the third
world.

================================

Old 20-03-2004, 01:55 PM
Ray

Recently, Mick spouteth thusly:

"...I would guess many of them applaud my
approach to stopping these photo uploaders clogging up our RGO and their
slow moving internet connections"

Applaud the stopping of uploading, possibly.

Applaud the approach? I'd be willing to bet we have a different opinion of
"many."

. ..

Mick Fournier wrote:

[...]

Rob's Rules:
http://www.msu.edu/~halgren

a public apology zhanataya Gardening 1 11-02-2012 01:20 AM
Apology if Mad Bill Pal m er has been annoying members of rec.gardens? Twinkles Gardening 0 26-10-2003 04:42 PM
Apology Accepted ... for what? dkat Ponds 21 28-08-2003 08:02 PM
Apology Accepted Anne Lurie Ponds 1 23-08-2003 03:13 AM
SNL Spartan Cheerleaders/ apology Nedra Ponds 0 27-07-2003 09:03 PM