GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Physan & Orthene Q (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/56203-physan-orthene-q.html)

Diana Kulaga 20-03-2004 11:15 PM

Physan & Orthene Q

All,

I have had some probs with fungus and also, this month, either thrips or
aphids. (I vote for aphids, because I can usually see thrips.) The streaks
in flowers on a few plants made it clear that some beasties were at work.

We treated with Physan, at 2 tsp/gal, first, before we noticed the bug
problem. A week later, we treated with Orthene. Having used Orthene before
at label recommended dilution and seeing leaf damage afterward, I asked a
very successful local grower what strength he uses; he said 2 tsp/gal (much
less than the label recommends, but you can't argue with his success).

The leaves on our Vandas sustained a good bit of damage right after the
treatments. They look scorched in places. Any help at all for this? I'm
really at a loss now.

To make matters worse, I recently bought a mature Asctrm. from a friend.
What happened to it is the subject of another thread. Yuck.

Diana