GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Brassia Problem (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/56812-brassia-problem.html)

Elisa Wong 25-03-2004 08:54 AM

Brassia Problem

A couple of weeks ago I bought a Brassia 'OX' from an orchid show in
Portland, Oregon. I have started to notice some brown spots at the base of
the 2 oldest pseudobulbs. I didn't see these spots when I first brought it
home. Is it fungus?

Elisa Wong

Diana Kulaga 25-03-2004 08:44 PM

Brassia Problem

Elisa,

Could be some kind of rot. Are the affected areas soft at all?

Diana

Diana Kulaga 25-03-2004 08:44 PM

Brassia Problem

Alison 26-03-2004 05:34 PM

Brassia Problem

My brassia went quite black around the bases of the older bulbs; it
seems to be large patches inside the bottom leaves (I'm sure there is
a proper term for them but I'm a beginner; sorry) & right at the base
-- but it is still growing & blooming profusely. I thought it might
be from water collecting in those leaves, so I do water carefully, &
it's well water so no chlorine... I am not sure what might cause it
but if your plant doesn't look sick otherwise maybe it isn't a big
problem? The old bulbs do shrivel eventually & maybe the plant is
still a little shocked from the change in location?

Alison

Elisa Wong 06-04-2004 08:35 PM

Brassia Problem

Thanks for the info on the brassia. I think that my brassia might be acting
like Alison's. I haven't noticed any rotten areas, so I will just carry on
as usual.

Elisa

om...