Old 30-03-2004, 06:12 PM
K Barrett

Default C walkeriana v semi alba 'Kenny'

I have a nice C walkeriana v semi alba 'Kenny' in bloom right now and in the
back of my mind I think there was some sort of controversy about the
parentage or identification of this plant. Whether its correctly
identified, or whether the award was as plain walkeriana when it was a
semi-abla, or what.

Anyone recall that?

K Barrett

Old 30-03-2004, 06:36 PM
Rob Halgren

K Barrett wrote:

I have a nice C walkeriana v semi alba 'Kenny' in bloom right now and in the
back of my mind I think there was some sort of controversy about the
parentage or identification of this plant. Whether its correctly
identified, or whether the award was as plain walkeriana when it was a
semi-abla, or what.

Anyone recall that?

K Barrett

Here is what the award description says... I don't know if that answers
your question though. I don't recall the controversy myself.

Eight well shaped white flowers on two inflorescences; sepals, petals and lip all on the same plane with petals overlapping sepals; lip white with green coloration at base of column, pale yellow in center, with fuchsia blotch at lower edge; substanceexcell
ent, heavy; texture glistening; flowers of full round form and large size for species.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
3) This space intentionally left blank
Old 30-03-2004, 06:36 PM
K Barrett

"Rob Halgren" wrote in message
Here is what the award description says... I don't know if that answers
your question though. I don't recall the controversy myself.

Eight well shaped white flowers on two inflorescences; sepals, petals and

lip all on the same plane with petals overlapping sepals; lip white with
green coloration at base of column, pale yellow in center, with fuchsia
blotch at lower edge; substanceexcellent, heavy; texture glistening; flowers
of full round form and large size for species.

Rob

Thanks Rob! Maybe I was thinking of 'Pendentive' (which is also in flower
right now, but with the maddening habit of having the sepals completely
reflexed back. Grrr.) Wish my 'Kenny' had 4 flowers per spike, wow! What a
display that would be!

K Barrett

Old 30-03-2004, 07:06 PM
Rob Halgren

K Barrett wrote

Thanks Rob! Maybe I was thinking of 'Pendentive' (which is also in flower
right now, but with the maddening habit of having the sepals completely
reflexed back. Grrr.) Wish my 'Kenny' had 4 flowers per spike, wow! What a
display that would be!

K Barrett

Just cut and paste out of Wildcatt. My C. walkeriana "Pendentive"
never had reflexed petals though... Wish I still had that plant, I gave
it away a few years ago for some stupid reason.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit

Old 30-03-2004, 11:30 PM
K Barrett

"Rob Halgren" wrote in message

Just cut and paste out of Wildcatt. My C. walkeriana "Pendentive"
never had reflexed petals though... Wish I still had that plant, I gave
it away a few years ago for some stupid reason.

Rob

I've never been able to cut and paste out of wildcatt! Something new to
try!

Old 30-03-2004, 11:30 PM
Rob Halgren

K Barrett wrote:

I've never been able to cut and paste out of wildcatt! Something new to
try!

They are using different key escapes for it... Not the 'windowish'
way (ctrl-c, ctrl-v), but (ctrl-insert/shift-insert). I guess that is
kind of 'emacish'... But regardless, from the detail view you can use a
drop down menu (Edit) to do cut/copy/paste, if you want to avoid arcane
keystroke combinations.

Old 30-03-2004, 11:30 PM
Ray

Actually, isn't that more "Lotus 1-2-3ish?"

.. . . . . . . . . . .

Old 31-03-2004, 01:24 AM
Susan Erickson

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:19:23 -0500, "Ray"
wrote:

Actually, isn't that more "Lotus 1-2-3ish?"

That is the ONLY way I ever copy and paste in Word, Excel, any
windows program. It was the way I learned it .. old days before
so many mouse ways were around. Also usually faster.

SuE

Old 31-03-2004, 07:34 AM
Eric Hunt

Kathy,

I've read somewhere that one of the C. walkeriana's floating around out
there, one that everyone has a piece of, is really a hybrid. But I can't
remember which clone!

Sorry - I know it's a tease.

-Eric in SF