Old 06-04-2004, 09:18 PM
Don

Default Importing orchids into Canada, Ted

Ted, I found this site interesting. It deals with importing Orchids into
Canada by hobby growers.
http://www.canadianorchidcongress.ca/import.html

Don
Simcoe

Old 06-04-2004, 09:18 PM
Ted Byers

"Don" wrote in message
Ted, I found this site interesting. It deals with importing Orchids into
Canada by hobby growers.
http://www.canadianorchidcongress.ca/import.html

Thanks Don. That site, and the sites to which it links, was useful and
encouraging. Now all I have to do is find out if India allows orchids to be
exported, and who the CITES Management Authority is in India. I am sure the
Canadian High Commission will be helpful with this.

Thanks again,

Ted

Old 06-04-2004, 09:18 PM
profpam

Ted,

You might check with David Hunt (David Hunt ) in Houston,
Texas as he deals with India imports once or twice a year. Ask him if he sends
to Canada. Nevertheless, this is just a suggestion.

.. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html

Old 06-04-2004, 09:18 PM
Ted Byers

"profpam" wrote in message ...
Sorry, Ted. I didn't see the other thread until now -- guess my browser's
columns weren't large enough to see beyond Any friends in Chandi. . . .

Hey Pam,

No need to apologize. You were just trying to help and that is always a
good thing. And when discussions like this evolve as this one did, some
duplication of suggestions is inevitable.

Thanks again,

Ted

Old 09-04-2004, 06:11 AM
Ted Byers

Hi Pam,

Thanks, but I already did contact him at Wendy's suggestion. He was quite
helpful.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Ted