Old 07-04-2004, 02:04 PM
RPM1

Default Onc. warscewiczii pics anywhere?

Someone suggested the above for my mystery orchid.
I searched but came up with no examples.

Anyone have a pic of one?

Ruth CM

Old 07-04-2004, 02:33 PM
PhalGuy

Hello!

The only thing I have found is the link below!
I think you were looking in the wrong genus!
The warscewiczii isn`t an Oncidium but a Miltonia!

Search witn Milt. warscewiczii and you will find lots of hit!

here`s the link:
http://www.orchidexchange.com/Photos/web0591.htm

Bye

Claude

Old 07-04-2004, 02:33 PM
RPM1

"PhalGuy"
The warscewiczii isn`t an Oncidium but a Miltonia!

Ah-HA! Gee, you guys are great. Thanks.

Ruth CM

Old 07-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Al

That a picture of a really nice one, BTW. I have seen other's ot this
species that look differernt in petal shape/conformation and markings
It also travels under Oncidium/Milt/Ondontaglosum weltoni, Oncidium
fuscatum, Onc/Brassia/Milt warscewiczii Now, these are not all the same
and several of these are/may be real and distict species from each other,
but tags and pictures cause problems. Look up any of these binomials using
google's images search feature and you will find pictures that are similar
to each other and the one you posted on abpo.

Wait until it is completely open and post it again. Also, smell it. If you
resuced it from a trash can, depending on where the trash can was, it is
probably Sharry Baby.

s.com...

Old 07-04-2004, 03:04 PM
PhalGuy

Hi Al!

Very nice picture indeed ! :-)))
You have a very nice website and gorgeous picture!

Claude ( blushing... )

"Al" wrote in message
| That a picture of a really nice one, BTW. I have seen other's ot this
| species that look differernt in petal shape/conformation and markings
| It also travels under Oncidium/Milt/Ondontaglosum weltoni, Oncidium
| fuscatum, Onc/Brassia/Milt warscewiczii Now, these are not all the same
| and several of these are/may be real and distict species from each other,
| but tags and pictures cause problems. Look up any of these binomials
using
| google's images search feature and you will find pictures that are similar
| to each other and the one you posted on abpo.
|
| Wait until it is completely open and post it again. Also, smell it. If
you
| resuced it from a trash can, depending on where the trash can was, it is
| probably Sharry Baby.
|

| "PhalGuy" wrote in message
| s.com...
| Hello!
|
| The only thing I have found is the link below!
| I think you were looking in the wrong genus!
| The warscewiczii isn`t an Oncidium but a Miltonia!
|
| Search witn Milt. warscewiczii and you will find lots of hit!
|
| here`s the link:
| http://www.orchidexchange.com/Photos/web0591.htm
|
| Bye
|
| Claude
|
| "RPM1" wrote in message
| | Someone suggested the above for my mystery orchid.
| | I searched but came up with no examples.
| |
| | Anyone have a pic of one?
| |
| | Ruth CM