Old 20-04-2004, 06:03 AM
Gene Schurg

Default Odontocidium Sierra Gold

I have a piece of Odontocidium Sierra Gold that has been vigorously growing
for about 4 years now. It rambles right out of the pot in a year and I have
it high on a shelf with 3 feet long roots dangling over the side of the 12
inch clay pot.

When I check the pseudobulbs I see a groove where the flower spike should
form and I can see the small bud for the flower (I think). I have never had
this monster bloom.

Does anyone else have this in their collection? What time of year does your
plant bloom? I grow it with very bright light and somewhat dry since half
of the roots are hanging out dangling in the air. What do I have to do to
get it to bloom?

Thanks,
Gene