GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Odbrs. Fangtastic Bob Henley 'HOF Octopus' (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/597-odbrs-fangtastic-bob-henley-hof-octopus.html)

tbell 26-01-2003 03:32 AM

Odbrs. Fangtastic Bob Henley 'HOF Octopus'

Just bought this one from Trader Joe's, which is a great place for
orchid bargains if you have one nearby, but I'm having trouble
untangling the name. Can't find it on the RHS site. Can anyone enlighten
me?
Tom

Ray @ First Rays Orchids 26-01-2003 03:40 AM

Odbrs. Fangtastic Bob Henley 'HOF Octopus'

That's an odontobrassia that's 75% brassia -

Brs gireoudiana 25%
Brs longissima 25%
Brs verrucosa 25%
Odm cariniferum 25%

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

Susan Erickson 26-01-2003 04:48 AM

Odbrs. Fangtastic Bob Henley 'HOF Octopus'

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 18:32:48 -0800, tbell
wrote:

Just bought this one from Trader Joe's, which is a great place for
orchid bargains if you have one nearby, but I'm having trouble
untangling the name. Can't find it on the RHS site. Can anyone enlighten
me?
Tom

Odbrs Fangtastic Bob Henley registered by Norman's Orchids in
1999. It is Brs. Rex x Odbrs Kenneth Bivin
Brs. Rex is 1/2 Brs gireodiana x Brs verucosa
Odbrs Kenneth Bivin is Brs longissima x Odm cariniferum
Thus it is exactly 1/4 each - Brassia gireoudiana and Brs
longissima and Brs verrucosa last quarter is Odm cariniferum.

So now tell us what it looks like? OH.. 'HOF Octopus' is not
showing on my Wildcatt as an awarded clone. Does octopus really
describe the flower?

SuE

Gene Schurg 26-01-2003 05:12 AM

Odbrs. Fangtastic Bob Henley 'HOF Octopus'

Curious question.....

I've seen "HOF" on grexes of other plants too. Who uses this?

Gene

K Barrett 26-01-2003 10:15 PM

Odbrs. Fangtastic Bob Henley 'HOF Octopus'

Is it Hawaiann Orchid Farm?? Something like that? I know Norman Fang of
Norman's orchids always puts FANGtastic on his plants.

K Barrett
hlink.net...

Steve 29-01-2003 07:46 PM

Odbrs. Fangtastic Bob Henley 'HOF Octopus'

In article , "K Barrett"
writes:

Is it Hawaiann Orchid Farm?? Something like that? I know Norman Fang of
Norman's orchids always puts FANGtastic on his plants.

K Barrett

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Curious question.....

I've seen "HOF" on grexes of other plants too. Who uses this?

Oh darn. I was hoping it would turn out to stand for Hot Orchid Fantasies.

Steve
in the Adirondacks of Northern NY