Old 30-04-2004, 06:03 PM
Vestman

Default Teeny weeny oncidium

Hi All!

Have just popped by my florist and found the most amazing oncidium-like
orchid, with sprays of tiny flowers, much alike the chocolate scented
oncidium sharry sweet sugar baby(?)
Should I just treat it like the usual onc. or does anyone have a different
experience with this kind of orchid?

Thanks,

Victoria

Old 30-04-2004, 07:05 PM
Rob Halgren

Vestman wrote:

Hi All!

Have just popped by my florist and found the most amazing oncidium-like
orchid, with sprays of tiny flowers, much alike the chocolate scented
oncidium sharry sweet sugar baby(?)
Should I just treat it like the usual onc. or does anyone have a different
experience with this kind of orchid?

Is it Onc. ornithorhynchum? That (I believe) is the smelly part of
smelly baby. Cute little thing. Easy to grow, but probably not as easy
as Sharry Baby. If you are growing other oncidiums, you shouldn't have
to treat this one any differently. I've seen this mounted, quite
frequently. It probably grows best that way if you want to try growing
things on mounts. If not, maybe a clay pot with some rather loose
medium in it.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
Old 01-05-2004, 06:05 PM
Vestman

"Rob Halgren" skrev i en meddelelse
Vestman wrote:

[...]

Hi Rob

I donīt think it is a onc. ornithoryncum- I might not have been sufficiently
informative, but this miniature onc. like orchid is not scented. And the
flowers are much smaller than an onc. ornithoryncum. The flowerstalks are so
thin, and it has small bulbs. I have placed it on my windowsill, where there
is sunlight late afternoon.

Victoria

Old 10-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Registered User

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit

To these I would add:

Rule 4 - "Too many orchids are not enough"

Uh Oh! Teeny red ants... Zookie Lawns 2 14-02-2004 02:40 AM
Where to get teeny tiny handcuffs Axolotl Ponds 4 03-09-2003 06:32 AM
teeny weeny wrigglers shannie United Kingdom 1 07-06-2003 05:08 PM
Teeny, tiny "worms" in my garden Mark Edible Gardening 7 26-05-2003 03:56 PM
teeny springtime iris coati Ponds 4 24-02-2003 11:43 PM