GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Den pulpebrae (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/60513-den-pulpebrae.html)

Susan Erickson 03-05-2004 09:03 PM

Den pulpebrae

I have Den pulpebrae growing in a 2" square pot. The top foliage
is apx 16" across (2 hand spans) and 1 got 1 bloom spike.

SO - how does some one who is successful grow this?

Should it be mounted? What does it need to bloom near it's
potential?

I am sure more than 1/2 this plant should have spikes.

SuE

Eric Hunt 04-05-2004 06:03 AM

Den pulpebrae

Sue,

Are talking about Den. palpebrae? Pic:

http://www.orchidphotos.org/images/o...ak/IMG0086.jpg

If so, I believe this is one of the ones that likes a good severe drying off
in the fall in order to set spikes on the plant. How dry are you keeping
yours in the fall and winter. This photo was taken in April 2003.

-Eric in SF

K Barrett 04-05-2004 06:03 AM

Den pulpebrae

Its palpebrae http://member.nifty.ne.jp/vem03161/den_palpebrae.htm I think
its the same as farmeri??

Looks like one of those members of the agragatum group. Callista?

I usually look this sort of stuff up on Phil's orchid Page. (The taxonomy I
mean).