Old 28-05-2004, 08:04 AM
Brandon Z.

Default Flowers for newbie in KY

I live in the Kentucky countryside where it is extraordinarily humid, and
hot in the summer and cold in the winter. The weather/temps are really
unpredictable.

I've just now decided to become interested in Orchids and am wondering what
can flourish inside and outside here in KY.

Thanks,
-Sinister

Old 28-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Tom Randy

On Fri, 28 May 2004 05:40:52 +0000, Brandon Z. wrote:

I live in the Kentucky countryside where it is extraordinarily humid, and
hot in the summer and cold in the winter. The weather/temps are really
unpredictable.

I've just now decided to become interested in Orchids and am wondering what
can flourish inside and outside here in KY.

Thanks,
-Sinister

Just about any orchid will do fine INSIDE year round given anough light,
air and water/fertilzer. During the summer they'll do fine outdoors given
the right light,water,etc. I'm not sure how cold it gets there over the
winter but most won't survive cold temps.

Tom

Old 28-05-2004, 03:06 PM
GrlIntrpted

Start with Phalaenopsis and Dendrobium hybrids. Your obsession will
progress steadily, be warned, this "disease" is not curable.

Mariana

hlink.net...