GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Paphs in Bud (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/62653-paphs-bud.html)

TRAINMAN9 29-05-2004 09:02 PM

Paphs in Bud

I've got a couple of new paphs budding up for the first time. I wonder if
anyone has seen the following:

P.Bel Royal (rothchildianum x kolopakingii)
This is a rather large single growth plant with an overall leaf spread of close
to 3 feet. It appears to have two buds on a rather strong stem. This plant was
bred by Krull Smith and purchased about two years ago as a small seedling.
Anyone flowered one or have any pictures of this hybrid?

P. Shin-Yi's Pride (Michael Koopowitz x rothchildianum)
This plant has two growths with about a 12 inch leaf spread. The sheath
covering the bud is dark red in color and it appears there is only a single
bud. I thought this plant was multi-flowered. This plant and several others
were bred in Taiwan and were purchased last year from a grower in the Tampa
area. Anyone flowered one or have any pictures of this hybrid ?

Susan Erickson 30-05-2004 07:04 AM

Paphs in Bud

On 29 May 2004 19:48:48 GMT, nospamX
(TRAINMAN9) wrote:

I've got a couple of new paphs budding up for the first time. I wonder if
anyone has seen the following:

P.Bel Royal (rothchildianum x kolopakingii)
This is a rather large single growth plant with an overall leaf spread of close
to 3 feet. It appears to have two buds on a rather strong stem. This plant was
bred by Krull Smith and purchased about two years ago as a small seedling.
Anyone flowered one or have any pictures of this hybrid?

This is a Paph Bell Royal.
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/Paphiopedium/aau

But we don't have the other.

SuE

TRAINMAN9 30-05-2004 04:02 PM

Paphs in Bud

This is a Paph Bell Royal.

Nice flower. Have you shown the plant?

Susan Erickson 30-05-2004 10:07 PM

Paphs in Bud

On 30 May 2004 14:41:05 GMT, nospamX
(TRAINMAN9) wrote:

This is a Paph Bell Royal.

Nice flower. Have you shown the plant?

No - And next time I will get the BEL correct.
It did not time the bloom for a show or even judging.

SuE