Old 05-06-2004, 02:06 PM
Emily S

Default The Brag About Book

I read some messages in here a week or two ago where some guy was
advertising his downloadable book. www.orchidstobragabout..com

I read the comments about his site and, since it was only $20, I bought his
book.

I have to say, like several people have on this site, you REALLY DO have to
give this guy credit. He's done a great job with it.

After I read the book, I still had a question about pH. I sent him an email
and got a detailed and quite helpful response in less than a day.

I give the book a green thumbs up! (in case anyone is interested)

Emily

Old 05-06-2004, 04:10 PM
Ray

Isn't this the guy that was ridiculed for his "vast experience" with over 30 plants? Or was it the
"how to prune" orchids part that got to us?

.. . . . . . . . . . .

Old 05-06-2004, 05:05 PM
Al

I'm gonna make my own e-book and I think we should all do the same. It
looks like an interesting technology. Together we can change the face of
publishing. Clearly every denizen of this newsgroup likes to write and some
of us even have something to say.

Personally, I do have (shudder) almost 30 years of experience growing
orchid. The back of my e-book will have a photo of me, the author,
surrounded by orchids and decked out in a tight fitting purple jester suit,
aluminum rabbit ears and holding a wench by the handles. That alone should
be worth the price.

Old 05-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Dewitt

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 08:51:32 -0400, "Emily S" wrote:

I give the book a green thumbs up! (in case anyone is interested)

Emily,

First, I have to apologize for being a bit of a cynic. I searched
Google newsgroups and it doesn't appear that you've posted to this
group before which makes me wonder. . .

Perhaps the author would consider sending a copy to someone who
regularly posts to this group for review so we can hear about it from
someone we are familiar with. Alternatively, perhaps the author
would consider making a sample chapter freely available on his
website. Many authors of e-books do this so that potential customers
can get an idea of the book's content and quality.

deg
Old 05-06-2004, 11:12 PM
Al

Wow. Interesting.

The only problem with being constructive, observant, level headed and fair
is that you will get a reputation of being no fun at parties.

It's time for me to shut up again.

Old 05-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Reka

Now, Al, I have just one question. Everything else sounds fine, but which
in the (Wendy quote) H E double hockey sticks handles on that wench are you
talking about???
--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

"Al" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I'm gonna make my own e-book and I think we should all do the same. It
looks like an interesting technology. Together we can change the face of
publishing. Clearly every denizen of this newsgroup likes to write and

some
of us even have something to say.

Personally, I do have (shudder) almost 30 years of experience growing
orchid. The back of my e-book will have a photo of me, the author,
surrounded by orchids and decked out in a tight fitting purple jester

suit,
aluminum rabbit ears and holding a wench by the handles. That alone

should
be worth the price.

---

Old 05-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Al

Did I spell it wrong again? I meant winch. The handles on the winch are
used to crank her up so she can lift heavy objects.

Old 05-06-2004, 11:14 PM
wendy7

((((LOL)))) ROTFL!!!

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 05-06-2004, 11:14 PM
Diana Kulaga

The back of my e-book will have a photo of me, the author,
surrounded by orchids and decked out in a tight fitting purple jester suit,
aluminum rabbit ears and holding a wench by the handles. That alone should
be worth the price.

Promises, promises, Al.....

Diana

Old 05-06-2004, 11:14 PM
tbell

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 08:42:19 -0700, Al wrote
(in article ):

I'm gonna make my own e-book and I think we should all do the same. It
looks like an interesting technology. Together we can change the face of
publishing. Clearly every denizen of this newsgroup likes to write and some
of us even have something to say.

Personally, I do have (shudder) almost 30 years of experience growing
orchid. The back of my e-book will have a photo of me, the author,
surrounded by orchids and decked out in a tight fitting purple jester suit,
aluminum rabbit ears and holding a wench by the handles. That alone should
be worth the price.

Al, I'll sign up for that at the pre-release price if you'll autograph it.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
To reply by e-mail, remove APPENDIX

Old 08-06-2004, 04:31 PM
NOOK

I like it... LOL
I see you have been working on this mental image for some time
What kinda wench and witch handles?

dude

Old 08-06-2004, 04:31 PM
Al

there was a picture recently posted in abpo of the wenches sunning
themselves in the grass after helping me finish my new greenhouse expansion.
Pity those who don't get abpo. Or maybe they should count themselves
lucky....there are so many ways to look at the world, I can't keep them all
straight.

It may just be lore, but I think witch handles can give you warts.

Old 08-06-2004, 04:31 PM
Bob Walsh

Al,

If I'm not mistaken those were "come alongs" not winches basking in the sun.
Maybe to be used in getting the wenches to join you in filling your new
addition.

Bob

Old 08-06-2004, 04:31 PM
Al

You see, not only can't I spell the word I don't even know what they are.
And I thought the contractors were laughing at me because of the rabbit ears
(which I won't take off just to stop the laughing) or maybe because the word
wenches was funny to the them...especially when I talked about the need for
them to be motorized. Now, I just don't know. ...could've been the jester
suit, too.

I have just thought of a title for my e-book. "The Nothing To Brag About
Book." Kind of popped out of thin air there.... Of course, then it can't
have any pictures of my orchids or greenhouse in it.

"NOOK" wrote in message
[...]

New poster - a Brag pandora Edible Gardening 3 06-02-2005 03:38 AM
Book Of The Iris Vintage book 1903 [email protected] Gardening 0 12-06-2004 08:02 PM
Orchids to Brag About (an e-book!) JMcKenzie Orchids 3 27-05-2004 11:04 PM
Brag about my Amaryllis mary Gardening 2 11-02-2004 10:02 PM
Little brag Cybe R. Wizard Ponds 5 03-04-2003 06:08 PM