GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Apple Tree Sprays? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/63198-apple-tree-sprays.html)

Dave 08-06-2004 04:31 PM

Apple Tree Sprays?

I need to learn something about fruit tree care. My particular problem
is apple trees. They have this condition;

http://home.att.net/~galt_57/appleleaf.jpg

Is there perhaps a good online source of info for this sort of thing?
Thanks.

J Fortuna 08-06-2004 04:31 PM

Apple Tree Sprays?

This out-of-topic post made me contemplate the desirability of crossing an
orchid with an apply tree. Wouldn't it be neat if there were a plant that
would flower like an orchid, and then produce apple fruit? Dave, you might
consider posting to rec.gardens if this reply is not what you were aiming
for. :-)

Joanna

om...

Reka 08-06-2004 04:31 PM

Apple Tree Sprays?

This newsgroup is for orchids, not orchards. Try asking at
rec.gardens.edible. Good luck! It looks like a nasty problem.
--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

"Dave" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
om...
I need to learn something about fruit tree care. My particular problem
is apple trees. They have this condition;

http://home.att.net/~galt_57/appleleaf.jpg

Is there perhaps a good online source of info for this sort of thing?
Thanks.

---

Aaron Hicks 08-06-2004 04:31 PM

Apple Tree Sprays?

Off-topic, I know, but- what the hey. What one of us here hasn't
been excited to see the word "Orchard" and attempt to pull over in the
hopes that it actually read "Orchid"?

Looks like cedar-apple rust to me, but there's a complex life
cycle between apple trees and cedars, taking two years to complete. Your
best bet is to take some leaves to your local ag extension, and have them
identify it or bump it to the state plant pathologist for them to key it
out.

Good luck!

Do not reply to the e-mail in the header. Spam trap.

-AJHicks
Chandler, AZ (but I was raised in what was an apple orchard!)

Gene Schurg 08-06-2004 04:32 PM

Apple Tree Sprays?

When will I get enough apples from my orchids to make a pie?