Old 08-06-2004, 04:32 PM
RM

Default More on Orchids in bathroom......

So some people are saying phals in bathroom are a bad idea, others think its
ok. Any other suggestions? Since my goal is to spread my orchids throughout
my apartment do any of you have suggestions on displaying orchids creatively
and in an attractive manner. I guess I really just want to display my
orchids in the best way possible.

RM

Old 08-06-2004, 04:32 PM
Ray

Nobody can answer the question adequately without knowing specifics about the conditions in your
bathroom. The humidity and temperatures are likely just fine, but it sounds like you're going to
need to supplement the light..

You will need less supplementation with phals than most other orchids, but exactly how much needs to
take in consideration what's already there, and how close it will be to the placement of the plant.

.. . . . . . . . . . .

Old 09-06-2004, 06:36 AM
Kenni Judd

Have you considered "rotating" plants through the bathroom, and perhaps
other areas, just while they're in bloom?
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

Old 09-06-2004, 06:37 AM
GrlIntrpted

I used to grow Bulbophyllums in the bathroom. They didn't do well. I later
found out that the humidity, temperature and the diffused light were
perfect. What the bathroom lacked was air movement. The bulbos are in my
place of work now, together with the Phals and other warmth loving orchids.
It is a coin-op, it's warm there, it's muggy, and has constant air movement.
As a result I noticed a significant growth improvement.

Mariana

Old 09-06-2004, 06:37 AM
RM

What about air movement, how would I improve that? Also is fluorescent light
good enough? Rotation is a good idea but probably requires more attention
from me.

RM

"Ray" wrote in message
Nobody can answer the question adequately without knowing specifics about

the conditions in your
bathroom. The humidity and temperatures are likely just fine, but it

sounds like you're going to
need to supplement the light..

You will need less supplementation with phals than most other orchids, but

exactly how much needs to
take in consideration what's already there, and how close it will be to

the placement of the plant.

. . . . . . . . . . .

Old 10-06-2004, 03:11 AM
RM

What other types of light would you suggest other than fluorescent.

RM

"Tom Randy" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 01:11:43 +0000, RM wrote:

What about air movement, how would I improve that?

A fan.

Also is fluorescent light good enough?

Yes, if it's close enough to the plant(s).

Old 10-06-2004, 01:12 PM
Tom Randy

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 01:12:35 +0000, RM wrote:

What other types of light would you suggest other than fluorescent.

RM

Other than natural light from a window no other type. Normal "light
bulbs" don't cut it.

Tom

"Tom Randy" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 01:11:43 +0000, RM wrote:

What about air movement, how would I improve that?

A fan.

Also is fluorescent light good enough?

Yes, if it's close enough to the plant(s).

one more clever cars with the good bathroom were irrigating towards the unique signal David United Kingdom 0 23-07-2005 11:53 AM
Plant suggestions for bathroom? [email protected] Gardening 14 30-05-2004 02:03 AM
ants in the bathroom Richard Australia 1 12-11-2003 09:02 PM
bathroom fern shazzbat United Kingdom 0 21-07-2003 09:37 PM
Bathroom Flange BenignVanilla Ponds 6 26-04-2003 12:56 PM