Old 03-02-2003, 03:52 PM
germ

Default Status of Phrag. dalessandroi

Which is correct Phrag. dalessandroi or Phrag. besseae var.(f)
dalessandroi.

I have a Phrag. China Dragon made with dalessandroi. If dalessandroi
does not equal besseae then I don't have a China Dragon, do I?

I have seen pictures of them growing together, roots intertwined, on
the same hillside. How could they be different species?
Old 03-02-2003, 05:28 PM
K Barrett

I think its still a variety of besseae. I do not believe the elevation to
its own species was universally accepted. But check either PhragWeb or Antec
lab's site to see if there is more info out there.

K Barrett

m...

Old 03-02-2003, 08:53 PM
Susan Erickson

On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 16:28:21 GMT, "K Barrett"
wrote:

I think its still a variety of besseae. I do not believe the elevation to
its own species was universally accepted. But check either PhragWeb or Antec
lab's site to see if there is more info out there.

K Barrett

"germ" wrote in message
om...
Which is correct Phrag. dalessandroi or Phrag. besseae var.(f)
dalessandroi.

I have a Phrag. China Dragon made with dalessandroi. If dalessandroi
does not equal besseae then I don't have a China Dragon, do I?

I have seen pictures of them growing together, roots intertwined, on
the same hillside. How could they be different species?

www.PhragWeb.info says
SECTION Micropetalum (Hallier)Garay
___Phragmipedium besseae Dodson & Kuhn
_______Phragmipedium besseae f. flavum (Braem)Gruss & Roeth
___Phragmipedium dalessandroi Dodson & Gruss
___Phragmipedium schlimii (Linden & Rchb. f.)Rolfe
_______Phragmipedium schlimii f. albiflorum (Linden)Gruss
___Phragmipedium fischeri Braem & Mohr
_ _Phragmipedium kovachii J.T. Atwood, Dalström & Ric.Fernandez

I don't seem to see any references in AnTec's pages.

I would suggest keeping the records as to what was used to make
the hybrid along with what you think you have. It could be
debated for a while.
SuE