Old 11-06-2004, 02:02 PM
dusty

Default For those of us that can only dream OT?

Too far away and not enough pocket change. A greenhouse that you can
actually turn around in without knocking something over.

&rd=1

Old 11-06-2004, 02:02 PM
wendy7

Wow that is a good price & a neat g/h!

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 11-06-2004, 11:05 PM
Susan Erickson

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 05:51:47 -0700, "wendy7"
wrote:

Wow that is a good price & a neat g/h!

Until you figure it is missing one wall, needs to be
disassembled, much harder than putting it up. And you still have
to ship it home. Seems like the bidding is a little slow.
SuE
Old 13-06-2004, 03:05 AM
V_coerulea

Spoken like a true "novice". I started with one of those walk-in-back-out
greenhouses. But as time and money permitted, the plants grew, the hobby
grew and so did the greenhouse. Now I have a 2000 sq ft greenhouse and do
you think it's big enough? I'm still bumping my head constantly and knocking
something down when I turn around unceremoniously or drag the hose the wrong
way. Mine's twinwall, but I do like the looks of the one up for bid. Also
have to agree with SUE - too far away, and the labor & transport...Whew!
Gary

s.com...

Old 13-06-2004, 12:02 PM
dusty

"V_coerulea" wrote in
:

Spoken like a true "novice". I started with one of those
walk-in-back-out greenhouses. But as time and money permitted, the
plants grew, the hobby grew and so did the greenhouse. Now I have a
2000 sq ft greenhouse and do you think it's big enough? I'm still
bumping my head constantly and knocking something down when I turn
around unceremoniously or drag the hose the wrong way. Mine's
twinwall, but I do like the looks of the one up for bid. Also have to
agree with SUE - too far away, and the labor & transport...Whew! Gary

"dusty" wrote in message
s.com...
Too far away and not enough pocket change. A greenhouse that you can
actually turn around in without knocking something over.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...86&item=430704
7899
&rd=1

Yes and while I was drooling I checked Uhaul prices from there to me and
come up with something like $2000.00 just for truck rental and I'm just
guessing it would be big enough. Now figure in time, food, lodging, perhaps
laborers and the missing wall cost it gets to the EEK what am I thinking
point. That was kind of sobering. I guess I'll just hope someone next door
puts one up for sale.
Still dreaming
Dusty

2000 sq ft wow! My 80 sq ft is just a bench in there.

Old 14-06-2004, 03:06 PM
Rob Halgren

Well, I'm in the process of moving a 3000sq ft poly house from its
present location to my house (about 30 miles). And although it is
inflated poly (I don't have to move heavy glazing) and it is reasonably
close, I don't know that I would recommend even that. The price was
right, but you need to figure in your labor.

Of course my move is hampered by the fact that the greenhouse is still
full of plants - so I have to move the plants to a temporary structure
(which I'm still building), move the greenhouse, move the plants back
into the greenhouse....

Anybody want a schweeet deal on a few hundred mini-catts? Or a few
thousand? *grin*

Rob

Yes and while I was drooling I checked Uhaul prices from there to me and
come up with something like $2000.00 just for truck rental and I'm just
guessing it would be big enough. Now figure in time, food, lodging, perhaps
laborers and the missing wall cost it gets to the EEK what am I thinking
point. That was kind of sobering. I guess I'll just hope someone next door
puts one up for sale.
Still dreaming
Dusty

2000 sq ft wow! My 80 sq ft is just a bench in there.

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open for business - e-mail me for a list of
minicatts and oncidiums )
Old 15-06-2004, 02:02 AM
V_coerulea

That's the problem, isn't it? The more space you have the more you can
grow.... My 2000 sq ft is just orchids. I have another 1500 that is shared
by cold/cool growers (cymbidiums, etc) along with wintering-over tubs of
hibiscus, citrus, palms, brugsmannias, gingers (various), etc. along with a
tub or 2 of broccoli and other coles, tall mums and pots of winter bulbs,
mints and other herbs long tubes of lettuce and spinach, strawberries....
Gary