GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   drooping Phal leaf (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/64242-drooping-phal-leaf.html)

J Fortuna 11-06-2004 05:04 PM

drooping Phal leaf

I distinctly remember seeing a post about this on rgo before, but can't
locate it, and I forgot the answers.

When a new Phal leaf droops to the side (looks wilted), what does that
usually indicate, and what should one do? This is a new leaf that has grown
to be quite big, but fairly soft, and very light green in color.

Does this mean that it needs to be watered? It's a Phal that I would have
watered anyway today, it had last been watered 10 days ago. Or is it
something about the light?

Please let me know if my question is not clear enough and I will rephrase.

Thanks,
Joanna

theoneflasehaddock 17-06-2004 08:09 PM

drooping Phal leaf

Subject: drooping Phal leaf
From: "J Fortuna"
Date: 6/11/2004 10:47 AM Central Daylight Time
I distinctly remember seeing a post about this on rgo before, but can't
locate it, and I forgot the answers.

When a new Phal leaf droops to the side (looks wilted), what does that
usually indicate, and what should one do? This is a new leaf that has grown
to be quite big, but fairly soft, and very light green in color.

Does this mean that it needs to be watered? It's a Phal that I would have
watered anyway today, it had last been watered 10 days ago. Or is it
something about the light?

Please let me know if my question is not clear enough and I will rephrase.

I think either not enough light or lack of water can cause it. Coupled with the
fact it grew rather big, it is most likely needs more light.

I usually get that on home depot Phals, with rotted roots, but the leaves never
seem to make it to a decent size when that is happening.

-

theoneflasehaddock

Kenni Judd 18-06-2004 05:15 AM

drooping Phal leaf

I suspect that what you're seeing is the result of over-feeding, most likely
before the plant came into your care. Leach it out really well for the next
few waterings, and skip a couple feedings, if you can.
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids