Old 06-02-2003, 12:34 AM
Bacchae

Default Art-shade Phalaenopsis

Could someone please tell me what "Art-shade" means as an
expression used to describe Phalaeopsis flowers?

Thanks.

- Sandy

Old 06-02-2003, 01:22 AM
Dave Lockwood

Forgive me for sounding like a curmudgeon but I think "art shades" means
muddy colors without the vibrancy that makes Phals. so beautiful. That is
my opinion. I think a more unbiased statement would be "complex colors"
such as burnt orange or red-purple.

Old 06-02-2003, 01:30 AM
Gareth Wills

My understanding is that it means NOT yellow, pink, purple or white. The
term usually refers to a fully blended color, not splash or clown, of
salmon, orange, rust, maybe even scarlet or red (although these are more
sought-after and given their own color acceptance. The technical definition
may include other colors and other reasons.
Gary

t...

Old 06-02-2003, 03:04 AM
Ray @ First Rays Orchids

My understanding is that it's the "sunset shades" of yellow-orange, peach,
and beige and the like.

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com