Old 16-06-2004, 12:06 AM
janet_a

Default OT--the lily ID question

sorry, googling, can't respond directly.

some type of oriental lily?

http://www.johnscheepers.com/catview...ilies:Oriental

http://store.brentandbeckysbulbs.com...NIkw&mv_pc=162

neat, aren't they? my neighbor has some; i'm getting envious...

--j_a
Old 16-06-2004, 06:03 AM
betsyb

"janet_a" wrote in message
m...
sorry, googling, can't respond directly.

some type of oriental lily?

http://www.johnscheepers.com/catview...ilies:Oriental

http://store.brentandbeckysbulbs.com...NIkw&mv_pc=162

neat, aren't they? my neighbor has some; i'm getting envious...

--j_a

Thankyou so much, I was Googling before writing her.

Old 16-06-2004, 04:05 PM
janet_a

"betsyb" wrote in message ...

Thankyou so much, I was Googling before writing her.

i looked in the hard copy of the scheeper's catalog and didn't find
that particular plant; i'm leaning towards that Acapulco in the B&B
catalog though...

i bet if you went on gardenweb and looked, they might have something;
there's a lily forum there (but i don't know what those folks are
like.... most of the ppl in those fora are nice though.

--j_a
Old 16-06-2004, 06:02 PM
betsyb

"janet_a" wrote in message
m...
"betsyb" wrote in message

Thankyou so much, I was Googling before writing her.

i looked in the hard copy of the scheeper's catalog and didn't find
that particular plant; i'm leaning towards that Acapulco in the B&B
catalog though...

i bet if you went on gardenweb and looked, they might have something;
there's a lily forum there (but i don't know what those folks are
like.... most of the ppl in those fora are nice though.

--j_a

http://brecks.com/product.asp?pn=65225

This is close but has way toomuch white. There are several others closer and
cheaper. This retirement package ain't got a bunch of spare pennies for
bulbs.

Old 16-06-2004, 07:04 PM
GaWd

Ya, just don't mention Ray Barkalow :-]

Don't ask how I know...

Sam

"betsyb" wrote in message

"janet_a" wrote in message
m...

Old 17-06-2004, 12:02 AM
janet_a

"GaWd" wrote in message om...
Ya, just don't mention Ray Barkalow :-]

Don't ask how I know...

Sam

-cof- um yes, been there done that.

--j_a
Old 17-06-2004, 12:02 AM
janet_a

"betsyb" wrote in message ...

This is close but has way toomuch white. There are several others closer and
cheaper. This retirement package ain't got a bunch of spare pennies for
bulbs.

ooh yeah-- i was in a garden shop a few weeks ago and saw some and
thought "oh cool let me try one..." and it was something like seven
bucks for one corm/bulb/whatever. they're cheaper thru the catalogs
but then you usually have to spend a minimum of $50 or something.

--j_a