Old 17-06-2004, 02:03 AM
GrlIntrpted

Default Information please

I have a Cattleya that is finally (after 4 years) is going into bloom, it's
a big plant and the tag is handwritten:

9-01 C. Wedding Day x C. loddigesii
1966 xxx.

One of the first Cattleya additions. The buds just broke through the
sheath, and there are six of them. I know what the loddigesii looks like
but have no idea what a Cattleya Wedding Day looks like, so I can't even
imagine what the flowers will look like! What I'm trying to find out is:

Is there a name to this cross, a history?
And are there photos that I can view possibly on a website or if anyone
grows it and has photos I would really appreciate them posted in the
binaries group....

Assistance is greatly appreciated, and thank you,

Mariana
======
http://www.geocities.com/gardengrl911
http://orchidfever.blogspot.com/

Old 17-06-2004, 08:15 AM
Steve

That cross is Catt Margaret Philips, but a quick search didn't turn
up any pictures. :-(

Steve

Old 17-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Ray

The cross is registered as C. Margaret Philips. It was registered by Lines Orchids, so maybe they
can help/

.. . . . . . . . . . .

Old 17-06-2004, 03:05 PM
Susan Erickson

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 00:59:55 GMT, "GrlIntrpted"
wrote:

9-01 C. Wedding Day x C. loddigesii
1966 xxx.

This is C. Margaret Philips registered in 1961 by Lines's.

SuE

Old 17-06-2004, 05:03 PM
Rob Halgren

K Barrett wrote:

I'm betting Wedding Day is a large frilly white.

Me too! Registered in 1946, Wedding Day is Ben Nevis x Mina. Probably
not a huge frilly white, but a corsage white, for sure. Not entirely
sure what loddegsii will do to it, some of its progeny are pink.

I wouldn't be surprized to see a fairly large frilly light pink come out
of it. But I don't think I've ever seen this cross.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
Email me for a list of value-priced minicatts and oncidiums )