Old 22-06-2004, 02:04 PM
J Fortuna

Default spike on equestris :-)

Yoohoo!

I have a young phal equestris plant that I got from Al's in 6/2003 -- before
that it was a keiki on Al's "mother of all equestris". It first bloomed for
me starting in November 2003 and ending in February 2004. And now a new
spike is already forming. This is a really cute plant, and despite it's
small size, very photogenic -- the best orchid photo that I ever took has
been of this little guy. I am looking forward to another season of this one.
David (my husband) has nicknamed this plant Sir Weed, since according to Al
this plant will always flower, even when it's dead.

Joanna

Old 22-06-2004, 04:06 PM
Claude

Congratulations!

yes, indeed, Phal equestris is a good plant who will bloom and makes keiki
like crazy.
Mine is doind the same thing actually! It just stop blooming, lost all my
flowers and now, it`s growing a new spike and new leaf!

My flowers seem not to last very long, about you? Mine, after a couple of
weeks, they start to wilt( is that a good word????? )

Claude

Old 23-06-2004, 01:06 AM
J Fortuna

Claude,

Thank you! :-)

In answer to your question: Individually the flowers on my equestris don't
last long, but they flowered semi-sequentially, and so all told the flower
spike was in bloom about 4 months, but no individual flower lasted that
long. And yes, wilt is the right word.

By the way, Just like yours, mine is growing a new leaf, too (I think it's
the second one this year). I have not had a keiki yet, but considering that
this plant was itself a keiki a year ago, I am just stunned that it's
already preparing for a second blooming.

Joanna

Old 23-06-2004, 03:06 AM
Sarah

Mine has a spike, too!

Sarah

Old 23-06-2004, 06:04 AM
Claude

Thanks Joanna for the grammar lesson :-)

After reading your post, I went to check my equestris and I`ve noticed that
it`s growing a new leaf, a new spike and one new bud is in formation at the
tip of the old spike!
For a very tiny plant, they have lot`s of energy!

Claude

"J Fortuna" wrote in message
| Claude,
|
| Thank you! :-)
|
| In answer to your question: Individually the flowers on my equestris don't
| last long, but they flowered semi-sequentially, and so all told the flower
| spike was in bloom about 4 months, but no individual flower lasted that
| long. And yes, wilt is the right word.
|
| By the way, Just like yours, mine is growing a new leaf, too (I think it's
| the second one this year). I have not had a keiki yet, but considering
that
| this plant was itself a keiki a year ago, I am just stunned that it's
| already preparing for a second blooming.
|
| Joanna
|
| "Claude" wrote in message
| Congratulations!
|
| yes, indeed, Phal equestris is a good plant who will bloom and makes
keiki
| like crazy.
| Mine is doind the same thing actually! It just stop blooming, lost all
my
| flowers and now, it`s growing a new spike and new leaf!
|
| My flowers seem not to last very long, about you? Mine, after a couple
of
| weeks, they start to wilt( is that a good word????? )
|
| Claude
|
| "J Fortuna" wrote in message
| | Yoohoo!
| |
| | I have a young phal equestris plant that I got from Al's in 6/2003 --
| before
| | that it was a keiki on Al's "mother of all equestris". It first
bloomed
| for
| | me starting in November 2003 and ending in February 2004. And now a
new
| | spike is already forming. This is a really cute plant, and despite
it's
| | small size, very photogenic -- the best orchid photo that I ever took
| has
| | been of this little guy. I am looking forward to another season of
this
| one.
| | David (my husband) has nicknamed this plant Sir Weed, since according
| Al
| | this plant will always flower, even when it's dead.
| |
| | Joanna
| |
| |

Phal Equestris coerulea? [email protected] Orchids 0 12-11-2006 07:52 AM
to let spike or not to let spike? J Fortuna Orchids 15 05-12-2005 03:38 AM
healthy equestris keikie J Fortuna Orchids 7 10-10-2005 03:08 AM
spike spike spike J Fortuna Orchids 2 04-09-2004 06:43 PM
phal equestris, peloric forms dd Orchids 0 17-03-2004 12:50 PM