GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Decorating with Orchids (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/67409-decorating-orchids.html)

RM 27-06-2004 05:08 AM

Decorating with Orchids

I looking for some idea on decorating my apartment with orchids. Does anyone
have any idea. I want to spread the "green" around the apartment but want it
to be attractive.

RM

Diana Kulaga 27-06-2004 11:03 PM

Decorating with Orchids

Describe your apartment! We grow mainly outside, but we also have a lovely
Roman tub with a grand east-facing window behind it, so Phals can live there
nicely.

Diana

Myrmecodia 28-06-2004 02:02 PM

Decorating with Orchids

"RM" wrote in message news:whrDc.115851$eu.52237@attbi_s02...
I looking for some idea on decorating my apartment with orchids. Does anyone
have any idea. I want to spread the "green" around the apartment but want it
to be attractive.

RM

Most orchids are not particularly attractive when not in bloom, and an
apartment probably has a very limited number of locations that are
suitable for orchid culture. Your best bet is probably to grow the
plants in a single location and display blooming plants temporarily in
other locations. Keeping the orchids clustered together will make it
much easier to control light, humidity, temperature, etc.