GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Odp: A lesson in moving orchids (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/67419-odp-lesson-moving-orchids.html)

samaki 27-06-2004 10:05 AM

Odp: A lesson in moving orchids

Użytkownik Tom Randy w wiadomooci do grup dyskusyjnych
et...
On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 10:35:34 +0000, J X M wrote:

Don't ever move an orchid unless you are paying
full attention and if it has spikes, think a few times, before so much

as taking
it anywhere near an automobile.

Johnny McIntyre

When talking about orchids and cars, I recently bought a Catasetum
tenebrosum in bloom, the vendor said I should be very careful, not to touch
the flowers because they will explode with pollen and the flower will die
very quickly. So I was walking through the town with the plant in my hand
(imagine all the passers-by looking at me ;))) ), got into the train and
spend 2,5 hours travelling to my city. Everething was fine until I had to
take the taxi from the station to my flat. While I was trying to board the
car I touched the plant and one of the flowers blasted right into my face, a
piece of it just glued into my nose ;))). I put it in my flat and then
decided to move it to my cottage, and what ? Of course, when I was putting
it into the car second flower blasted. I think orchids and cars just do not
go together.

greetings from Poland
Martha