Old 27-06-2004, 10:06 AM
samaki

Default ID needed

It isn`t my orchid, but a friend of mine really would like to know what she
had dug in Central Park, and how to force it to rebloom ))). Unfortunately
she doesn`t have a pic of the flower, only a pic of the plant itself. She
describes the flower as: a single pinkish "bell" with a spur, hanged on a
thin, green inflorescence. The lower lip has white-pink spots. The plant is
tiny, it has about 7 cm. Any ideas ?

here is the link :
http://80.55.153.150/orchidee/sandra...orczyk%203.jpg

thanks and greetings from Poland
Martha

Old 27-06-2004, 07:16 PM
wendy7

Looks like a Dendrobium to me?
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 27-06-2004, 07:16 PM
Eric Hunt

Martha,

Are you serious that it was dug from the wild? This plant could not survive
a winter in Poland or New York City (you said Central Park).

But it does look like a Dendrobium seedling.

-Eric in SF

Old 27-06-2004, 07:16 PM
true blue orchid

It looks like a dendrobium to me, if you give me your e-mail adress I can
sent you a small pic of a orchid that could match your discription.
Cheers
Peter

remove the s before @ to respond by mail

"samaki" schreef in bericht