GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   estimating footcandle using a built-in camera lightmeter (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/78245-estimating-footcandle-using-built-camera-lightmeter.html)

Boochap 03-07-2004 05:02 PM

estimating footcandle using a built-in camera lightmeter

does anybody know how could i estimate the amount of light by footcandle
using a built-in lightmeter of my SLR camera?

Ray 03-07-2004 08:02 PM

estimating footcandle using a built-in camera lightmeter

http://www.firstrays.com/measurelight.htm

.. . . . . . . . . . .

The Doormouse 04-07-2004 02:02 AM

"Boochap" wrote:

does anybody know how could i estimate the amount of light by
footcandle using a built-in lightmeter of my SLR camera?

Dear Boochap,

A portable, quality lightmeter can be had for $55.

I have this one - model LG17010:
http://www.hydrofarm.com/content/PDF/p20.pdf

It will measure footcandles directly.

The Doormouse