GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Black spots on Cattleyas (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/78324-black-spots-cattleyas.html)

Orchidguy 04-07-2004 09:04 PM

Black spots on Cattleyas

My Cattleyas are getting black on the leaves, actually I've lost some
leaves, what is the cause of this over watering , as its rainy season here
in Florida, and we're getting afternoon showers everyday .

If anyone has any advice , its greatly appreciated, I'd hate to have some of
the Catt species I've aquired bite the big one on me....

Thanks , And Bright days!
Todd

Diana Kulaga 04-07-2004 11:05 PM

Black spots on Cattleyas

Todd,

No chance of sunburn, I assume. Ruling that out, it might be bacterial or
fungal; our FL hot and humid weather right now creates the perfect breeding
ground for both. I spray with Physan when this is a problem, and it works
like a charm for me. Others use Phyton 27, but I have too many Dendrobiums
to chance that (it contains copper, anathema to my Dends).

Diana