Old 15-07-2004, 04:02 AM
Diana Kulaga

Default Mixing Chemicals......

For the substance experts, or those who play them on TV:

I generally scrupulously avoid mixing chemicals, because I don't know enough
about their properties to make educated decisions. I do know that when
chems are mixed they must be diluted first. Also, after talking to a local
grower who has thousands of plants, I've added Orthene to my DynaGro when
needed, to avoid double work. No problems, and I am here to tell about it.

How about Orthene and Physan? It's *that time of year* here in S. FL. I'd
love to be able to do them together.

Any thoughts? (Silly question - I know you'll have some!)

Diana

Old 15-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Diana Kulaga

orthene is a wettable powder and the active ingredient is Acephate which
is an organo-phosphate, the acid solution of physan would probable kill some
of the orthene on contact and thus render it usless

Jim,

I've got Orthene liquid, but I believe that the active ingredient is the
same. That's interesting information; thanks much.

Diana

Old 16-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Matthew Donadio

Diana Kulaga wrote:
I've got Orthene liquid, but I believe that the active ingredient is the
same. That's interesting information; thanks much.

In general, mixing chemicals with big honking long ingredient names,
especially organic compounds, is asking for trouble. One technique for
developing new drugs is pouring a bunch of different organic chemicals
in a vat and seeing what is produced (or so I'm told be my chemist friends).

--Matt
Old 17-07-2004, 12:05 AM
Diana Kulaga

One technique for
developing new drugs is pouring a bunch of different organic chemicals
in a vat and seeing what is produced (or so I'm told be my chemist

friends).

--Matt

Imagine being in a room with that! LOL

Diana

Old 20-07-2004, 11:03 AM
Diana Kulaga

Physan does not play nice with many other chemicals.

Thanks for the response, Gary. I think I'll play it safe.

Diana

Old 22-07-2004, 07:19 PM
Diana Kulaga

One technique for
developing new drugs is pouring a bunch of different organic chemicals
in a vat and seeing what is produced (or so I'm told be my chemist

friends).

--Matt

Imagine being in a room with that! LOL

Diana

Mixing Chemicals? Diana Kulaga[_5_] Orchids 8 13-08-2008 01:32 PM
Mixing Chemicals webwolf Australia 3 22-09-2005 09:53 AM
Mixing Chemicals...... Diana Kulaga Orchids 2 14-07-2004 12:05 PM
[IBC] Mixing Fertilizer and Super Thrive John NJ Bonsai 11 25-04-2003 10:56 AM
Mixing soil for planters [email protected] Gardening 5 17-04-2003 03:44 AM