Old 19-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default O/T: Anyone Using Adelphia?

Anyone out there using Adephia for high speed access? (Florida) They've got
some good plans, as far as I know, and we *must* get off of dial-up. The
big question is access to these groups, of course.

Diana

Old 20-07-2004, 03:02 AM
Steve

I use Adelphia. (Don't let the AOL return address fool you.)
Adelphia is great with newsgroups. I had to fight with them for a
while to get ABPO. That was quite a while ago and it is available on
all of their servers now.
Their most recent improvement, several months ago, resulted it
retention times that are wonderful. I can go to ABPO and still find
a picture that was posted a month ago. Before the change, after 2
days it was gone.
I assume your experiences will be as good, down there, as mine are
up here.

Steve (in the Adirondacks)

Old 20-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Diana Kulaga

Thanks, Steve. Sounds wonderful.

Diana

Old 22-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Kenni Judd

Diana: Compared to dialup, you'll find it blindingly fast. Also
considerably faster than DSL, but a little more prone to [usually brief]
outages. DSL might be cheaper for you on a residential application;
Adelphia is much more business-friendly in its billing structure. If you
get the cable modem, make sure that both it and your router [if you need one
to share it between 2 or more computers] is plugged into your UPS.
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

k.net...