GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   caring for ....Ghost Orchid Polyrrhiza Lindenni (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/79508-caring-ghost-orchid-polyrrhiza-lindenni.html)

Johnny B 20-07-2004 02:02 AM

caring for ....Ghost Orchid Polyrrhiza Lindenni

Hello all,

I'm pretty new to orchids and like alota people I've taking a liking
to the (Polyrrhiza Lindenni). I live on the east coast (new jersey
area) and would like to purchase roots that were deflasked from ebay
(or anywhere for that matter). I would like to know if it is very
unlikely that this orchid will bloom where I live. How tough it would
be to care for it properly in order to give it the best chance of
blooming. Also, if a greenhouse was necessary....and lastly what
precautions I would have to take. All info welcome. Thanks in
advance!

Mick Fournier 20-07-2004 09:02 PM

caring for ....Ghost Orchid Polyrrhiza Lindenni

Johnny B,

They grow well in humid Phalaenopsis-conditions north, south, east and west.

Mick

GrlIntrpted 21-07-2004 04:03 AM

caring for ....Ghost Orchid Polyrrhiza Lindenni

Oh... so let me get this straight....if I can grow a species Phal... errr.
scratch that. If Phals like my conditions, and they grow well here, chances
are that I can possibly grow a ghost?....

Mariana
Beginning to notice a new obsession brewing...

GrlIntrpted 21-07-2004 05:03 AM

caring for ....Ghost Orchid Polyrrhiza Lindenni

Goodness...well listen here Mick, I hold you fully liable for what is about
to happen. If my spouse, of 15 years (come October) gets all 'hissy' over
the new obsession, I shall send him to you g.

Mariana

"Mick Fournier" wrote in message
. ..
Mariana,

Yes.

Mick

Mick Fournier 21-07-2004 05:03 AM

caring for ....Ghost Orchid Polyrrhiza Lindenni

Johnny B,

Buy two water spray bottles instead of one.

Mick

Johnny B 22-07-2004 01:03 AM

caring for ....Ghost Orchid Polyrrhiza Lindenni

Mariana,

Morristown, I'm about 30min from NYC.

Have you tried to care for one of these orchids? If so how did it turn out?

jon
"GrlIntrpted" wrote in message et...
Wow really? You said you're in NJ? Whereabout?

Mariana
In a very humid and overcast NYC

"Johnny B" wrote in message
om...
Interesting, every summer it has been quite humid here. However, this
is not the case this summer. Do I have any alternatives to somehow
combating this problem?