GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   orchids in Paris (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/79582-orchids-paris.html)

samaki 20-07-2004 10:03 PM

orchids in Paris

Hi everyone !

I am going on friday to Paris, does anybody know any vendors, places selling
orchids or gardens I should visit ?

thanks in advance and greetings from Poland
Martha

Ray 20-07-2004 11:02 PM

orchids in Paris

From the AOS Website:

Vacherot & Lecoufle Orchidees
(Philippe Lecoufle)
"La Tuilerie" 29 Rue de Valenton, P.O. Box 8
Boissy St. Leger, 94471
France
Tel: 33 1 45 69 1042
Fax: 33 1 45 98 3014
E-mail:
1 Tuesday-Saturday, 10 am-12 pm and 2 pm-7 pm
2. Wholesale/Retail
3 Catalog available, no charge
4. Orchid hybrids mainly
5. Orchids/Supplies
6. 1/2 hour southeast of Paris

..

Geir Harris Hedemark 21-07-2004 12:02 AM

orchids in Paris

"samaki" writes:
I am going on friday to Paris, does anybody know any vendors, places selling
orchids or gardens I should visit ?

Well, there is a small orchid shop with lots of vandas close to Notre
Dame. They also have some Phals and other stuff. I have absolutely no
idea what the shop is called.

As far as I remember, you will find it very close to pont Notre
Dame. Place L. Lépine should be very close.

If I am wrong about the street, you are at most one block wrong. Have
a look around on the north side of ile de la Cité or thereabouts.

OBTW: I think you will need a Cites permit and a phytosanitary
certificate if you want to bring adult plants home, and want to play
this by the book.

Good luck with the shopping.

Geir