Old 05-08-2004, 09:25 PM
Claude

Default LOST POSTS WITH TERA NEWS

hello!

Seems to work here! Fingers crossed!

Claude

"kenty ;-)" wrote in message
. ..
| Hi Claude, I havent been able to post any pictures on ABPO at all, not one
| picture has appeared since 1 st august!
| Is yours the same?
|
| --
| Thanks Keith,England,UK.
| "Claude" wrote in message
| I have the same problem here too!
| According to the site, they have problem with one of the server! If you
go
| there, they suggest to upgrade to the premium package !!!
|
| http://www.teranews.com/systemstatus.html
|
| Claude
|
| "kenty ;-)" wrote in message
| | My problem still persists,I have sent them a email I will tell you if
| get
| | a response!You could be right about the money,I have been receiving
the
| | service for about a year now without any problems apart from the
| | spamdisable.It cost 3.95 one of fee,so they may be fixing bugs to make
| you
| | resubscribe.Or is this being too suspicious!I don't know.
| |
| | --
| | Thanks Keith,England,UK.
| | "John Kirkham" wrote in message
| | I think I was too optimistic, I think they want some money out of
us.
| But
| | when you have problems like these with a provider it doesn't make
you
| want
| | to subscribe to them. I think they would be better to further
restrict
| the
| | daily download limit.
| |
| | http://teranews.com/systemstatus.html
| | 8/2/2004
| | The free server is slightly overworked. It's causing a backlog of
| headers.
| | Users will notice articles taking longer than normal before
appearing.
| | This
| | also effects local posts. Anything posted to the free server will
take
| | serveral hours before the article appears. The solution is to
upgrade
| | premium package.
| |
| | "John Kirkham" wrote in message
| | I've been having problems as well. At the moment they are turning
up
| | about
| | day late.
| |
| | They are using a new server, hopefully it's a temp. problem and
when
| | it's
| | sorted I guess they'll say so here..
| | http://teranews.com/systemstatus.html
| |
| | John Kirkham
| |
| | "kenty ;-)" wrote in message
| | Anyone got any idea why my posts are not shown when sent with
the
| tera
| | news -news server?
| |
| |
| | --
| | Thanks Keith,England,UK.
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

Old 05-08-2004, 09:50 PM
dusty

"kenty ;-\)" wrote in
:

Hi Claude, I havent been able to post any pictures on ABPO at all, not
one picture has appeared since 1 st august!
Is yours the same?

Kenty
If you are using tera news to post here then you should be able to post in
ABPO I'm posting via terra tree news. It is also possable that things got
twisted in your newsreader with the new software and all if all else fails
you can clear free.teranews.com from your newsreader and then set it up
again and download all groups. this usally fixes messes like this.

hope this helps
later
Old 06-08-2004, 01:02 AM
Ray

FWIW, I use GigaNews, and they seem very reliable and keep all posts for a
month!

..
. ..

Old 06-08-2004, 03:30 AM
Wendy

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 20:02:30 -0400, Ray wrote:

FWIW, I use GigaNews, and they seem very reliable and keep all posts for a
month!

For my 2cents, I use the reader 40tude Dialog & it's free. The retentions
is fantastic. The oldest post in this group is 6/6/04.
I checked the binaries & it's last date is 6/7/04.
All this for free!
Cheers Wendy
Old 06-08-2004, 01:45 PM
Wendy

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 07:20:31 -0400, Ray wrote:

Wendy,

Message retention is related to your service provider, not the reader you're
using. If it's on the server, the reader - any reader - is capable of
displaying it.

Ok, I understand now Ray, but how do you explain the fact that I use
two readers via Cox & there is a big differance in retention of the posts?
Cheers Wendy

Old 06-08-2004, 03:04 PM
Ray

I was thinking the same thing, Steve.

Another possibility is that the readers could be differently configured as
to how they display messages. For example, I have OE set to only display
unread messages, so to me it looks like there are only a few out there.

..
"Steve" wrote in message

Wendy wrote:
On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 07:20:31 -0400, Ray wrote:

Wendy,

Message retention is related to your service provider, not the reader

you're
using. If it's on the server, the reader - any reader - is capable of
displaying it.

Ok, I understand now Ray, but how do you explain the fact that I use
two readers via Cox & there is a big differance in retention of the

posts?
Cheers Wendy

Off hand, I can only think of two ways this could happen. Either the
two readers you use are not really connecting to the same server
or one of them is designed to download the messages, including
pictures, and keep them stored on your computer for a while.

Steve

Old 07-08-2004, 01:16 AM
kenty ;-\)

I have removed & resetup tera news& redownloaded the groups but my pics,
still are not on ABPO,cracking me up now!

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.

.

Old 07-08-2004, 01:28 AM
kenty ;-\)

I sent this & my last post with teranews,through my ISP they are instantly
displayed, I am still waiting for them to be displayed with teranews.I seem
to be able to post messages ,slow to be displayed but displayed.Posting
pictures on ABPO I haven't been able to do since 01/08/04 ,one post did get
displayed on 03/08/04 but this was only a message test,no pic
inserted.Wendy's vanda sansai blue is displayed too,but mine just wont
happen!!
--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.

"Steve" wrote in message

Wendy wrote:
On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 07:20:31 -0400, Ray wrote:

Wendy,

Message retention is related to your service provider, not the reader

you're
using. If it's on the server, the reader - any reader - is capable of
displaying it.

Ok, I understand now Ray, but how do you explain the fact that I use
two readers via Cox & there is a big differance in retention of the

posts?
Cheers Wendy

Off hand, I can only think of two ways this could happen. Either the
two readers you use are not really connecting to the same server
or one of them is designed to download the messages, including
pictures, and keep them stored on your computer for a while.

Steve

Good news/bad news Mike Patterson Ponds 2 19-05-2004 08:09 PM
Good News-Bad News Bob Adkins Ponds 2 14-09-2003 06:32 PM
Sad news, good news and questions all in one message Boystrup Pb, ann,... Orchids 18 13-06-2003 04:44 PM
There is good news and bad news Essjay001 United Kingdom 0 10-06-2003 02:32 AM