Old 04-08-2004, 06:40 AM
Wendy

Default Enstar II

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 00:58:56 GMT, Gene Schurg wrote:

I know I've seen references to Enstar growth inhibitors on this forum
before.

How effective is it in controlling Mealie Bugs and Soft Brown Scale? Do you
need a license or permit to buy/use it?

It's pretty darn expensive ($100 for 5 oz.) but if it ends this crazy cycle
I'm on trying to kill of these pests I'm willing to pay the price. I'd like
to hear other people's experience.

Thanks,
Gene

Hi Gene, I have been using Enstar & Mavrik together as recommended by
my mentor. The key is to follow the instructions to a T!
Yes it is expensive but it does the job but like anything else you
have to keep at it. I have had a few flareups but have isolated the plant
& repotted then treated.
Here is some info.
http://www.mavrikaquaflow.com/prod_app.html
I purchased mine from Orange County Farm Supply in the City of Orange.
Cheers Wendy
Old 04-08-2004, 11:13 AM
Ray

Gene,

I do the preventive spraying with a combo of 1/2 oz Enstar II and 1
oz/gallon neem oil (plus 1 oz/gal soap to emulsify the oil) about every 6
weeks. Should I get lazy and/or forget, and end up seeing an infestation of
something, I do the curative dose (by itself), followed by a preventive dose
a week later.

Yep, tops, bottoms, soak the pot - I try to get all surfaces.

..
"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
nk.net...
Ray,

Thanks for the info.

How often do you spray? Do you completely cover the plant (top and bottom
of the leaves)?

Gene

"Ray" wrote in message
1) It is extremely effective for a wide range of insects, including

those
you mentioned.
2) No permit necessary in PA. I assume the same is true elsewhere.
3) The "Curative" rate is 1 oz/10 gallons, and the preventive dose is

half
that, so it goes a long way.
4) It is right at the top of my commercial chemical list.

.

ENSTAR II Kinoprene babsely Orchids 1 06-08-2008 10:39 PM
Where to buy Enstar Dewitt Orchids 28 14-11-2004 09:41 PM