Old 03-08-2004, 11:11 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default Infestation!

All,

I have posted pictures on abpo. Virtually overnight, a Phal was accosted by
flat, soft white wormy things on the flowers. I can't see them move, but
they grew within hours. I've never seen anything like this before. The
plant itself appears healthy, though I will repot in the morning. Needless
to say, I cut off both spikes right after taking the picture. When lightly
pushed with a Q-Tip, the things crumble into soft ooze. No other plants are
affected.

What?!

Diana

Old 04-08-2004, 01:14 AM
GARLAND HANSON

Congratulations, you have mealy bugs!!! Try rubbing alcohol on a Q-tip.
That will get rid of them buy keep on the look out for more!

Mealy bugs show up on some of my plants whent he humidity is too low.
Good luck,
Garland

ink.net...

Old 04-08-2004, 09:26 PM
Diana Kulaga

Guys,

Thanks for responding. This is neither scale nor mealies; would that it
were. I have to agree with Ray about larva of some kind, but what that
might be eludes me. It was *only* on the flowers, not on any leaves. I
didn't get it out of the pot this morning, but I will soon. The plant
itself appears to be as healthy as a horse.

Diana

Old 05-08-2004, 10:11 PM
Diana Kulaga

But it sure did look like that soft cushion scale photo.....

It is; no doubt about it. I wrote that post before I got an email from
Mariana, giving me the links. I've been experiencing intermittent server
problems lately, and just by reading what I *did* get, I can tell there is
much that I never saw.

Gawd. Cottony cushion scale, for Pete's sake. What's next, nuclear
triggered mealie bugs?

Thanks, Ray, and anyone else whose posts I might not have seen!

Diana

Conifer aphid massive infestation Lynda Thornton United Kingdom 9 26-04-2003 10:33 PM
ant infestation Lee & Deb Miles Bonsai 2 26-03-2003 01:56 AM
[IBC] ant infestation Jim Lewis Bonsai 6 25-03-2003 05:20 PM
What Insect infestation do I have Hamish United Kingdom 0 23-03-2003 01:32 PM
Tomato infestation Polar Edible Gardening 3 20-02-2003 08:03 PM