Old 15-08-2004, 01:12 AM
K Barrett

Default Power Point question

I created a power point presentation on my home computer. I transferred the
file to my laptop (just to be sure I could) via a memory stick. Now I can't
alter/edit the presentation on my home computer. But I *can* edit the
presentation on my laptop.

What's up with that? Is that the way its supposed to happen? Once a
presentation is copied, never can you alter it?

In this case its a good thing. I can have the 2 computers open side by side
so I can research and edit at will. But sheesh. If I didn't have the 2nd
computer ( like if I copied the file to a friend's computer and later she
wanted me to edit the original) I'd be screwed.

I can open each existing slide. I can open each existing text box. But I
can't put any new keystrokes into that box. Nor can I add pics or anything
else onto a slide. IIRC I can move slides around, but I can't add new
slides.

Any help? Any webpage tutorials on powerpoint?

I hate microsoft. If I was smarter/younger I'd go linux.

K Barrett

Old 15-08-2004, 05:21 AM
Claude

Hello!

You don`t want to go linux... :-)

You should post your question on:

microsoft.public.powerpoint

You can have access to microsoft newsgroup by their server:
news.microsoft.com
It`s free

Claude

Old 15-08-2004, 05:21 AM
Claude

Old 15-08-2004, 05:47 AM
Susan Erickson

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 00:12:50 GMT, "K Barrett"
wrote:

I created a power point presentation on my home computer. I transferred the
file to my laptop (just to be sure I could) via a memory stick. Now I can't
alter/edit the presentation on my home computer. But I *can* edit the
presentation on my laptop.

Any help? Any webpage tutorials on powerpoint?

I hate microsoft. If I was smarter/younger I'd go linux.

K Barrett

MS thinks you have one file and have taken the rights to change
with the copy (a part of the original). You did not close PPT
and copy the file. You saved it to your hard drive and to the
smart stick from within the program. You have to go outside the
program, then the system does not keep the copy "original."

Generally you can get up date rights back by making a copy over
the original - not with PPT but with the old right click, copy
file command set.

Bad news is that sometimes they corrupt and never unlock. So
keep the laptop handy.

SuE

Old 15-08-2004, 02:18 PM
GARLAND HANSON

I think if you go out and buy a nice phal or oncidium from Home Depot,
Lowes, or Trader Joe's you'll feel better.

Good Luck!

Garland
P.S. It's not PowerPoint or Microsoft's fault, it's yours or your hardware.
sorry

Old 15-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Me Here

Me thought this NG is for "power" orchids. Me thought thou could have
been way way out. Me thought what have orchids and power points got in
common? Me thought %&***;**zzz#!@#$%^&*()...
Old 15-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Me Here

Old 15-08-2004, 04:14 PM
K Barrett

It worked! Hmmm... Maybe I shouldn't thank you, LOL!! Now I gotta get back
to making the presentation for the Sacramento Orchid Forum, ACK! Time's
a-wasting!

Old 15-08-2004, 07:35 PM
Diana Kulaga

"Me Here" wrote in message
Me thought this NG is for "power" orchids. Me thought thou could have
been way way out. Me thought what have orchids and power points got in
common? Me thought %&***;**zzz#!@#$%^&*()...

You:

Though it was oblique, Kathy's query did have a connection to orchids.
She's doing an orchid forum presentation and needed help getting things
going. Not a problem for most of us, I suspect.

Diana

Old 16-08-2004, 12:30 PM
Me Here

Diana Kulaga wrote:

You:

Though it was oblique, Kathy's query did have a connection to orchids.
She's doing an orchid forum presentation and needed help getting things
going. Not a problem for most of us, I suspect.

Diana

Me thought me only joking. No offend intended. Me thought at times,
after a heavy weekdays, there ought to be some light moment here at
rec.gardens.orchids. And of course Power Point is a good software for
slides and presentation especially when orchids are concerned. I do use
PP too, albeit for personal use only. Please again I say, it was only a
joke. :-)

Old 16-08-2004, 10:24 PM
Diana Kulaga

Me thought me only joking. No offend intended. Me thought at times,
after a heavy weekdays, there ought to be some light moment here at
rec.gardens.orchids. And of course Power Point is a good software for
slides and presentation especially when orchids are concerned. I do use
PP too, albeit for personal use only. Please again I say, it was only a
joke. :-)

No problem, Me. Glad you're here.

Diana

Power Point question K Barrett Orchids 0 15-08-2004 01:12 AM
WTB: Misc Garden Tractor Attachmants 3 point & JD 332 Gary Edible Gardening 0 06-03-2004 05:32 PM
WTB: Misc Garden Tractor Attachmants 3 point & JD 332 Gary Gardening 0 06-03-2004 05:32 PM
WTB: Misc Garden Tractor Attachmants 3 point & JD 332 Gary Texas 0 06-03-2004 05:11 PM
Planting tree peonies - where is the grafting point!?! Pelvis Popcan Gardening 1 10-10-2003 11:32 PM